Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Base Radio ??? USB ???

Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Connectivity group for wrangler is steering wheel control that connect to mygig/uconnect and to EVIC, cluster info, gas milage etc and usb in console etc etc.......a 430 has BLUETOOTH built in it which is Uconnect and can almost do what 730 does except no voice control on nav etc.....if you have a 430 in your hand and install in jeep right now, all you need is to buy a microphone etc to make it work...Mitsibishi makes the 430 and the 730 is made by Harmon Beckor which is Harmon/Kardon.....I'm sure you are talking about something different....I have worked on/with these units since 2007...Chrysler didn't put a camera or mic etc in the wranglers until later on but before that they try to rip you off by saying you need the uconnect kit which is over $300 for a module and a switch with a push button and mic.....day one when i got my first wrangler and 730n RER, i bought a $20 mic, $15 camera and put cam in center cap of spare on tailgate and mic in cluster area and she could hear my country slang with doors off, top off, doing 80 down interstate and heard every word clearly from me........
Old 07-28-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

I will say i'm sorry...just saw that cheap ass chrysler took 430 which use to be the 730 as being the standard on sahara...i just saw they changed that
Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

see a 430 and 730 have hard drives in them which you have a usb to load pics,songs....130 has no harddrive so no reason for a usb...the usb is in your jeep because it is a sahara and upgraded radios are usually done after it is bought and the usb in the console is one of only 2 choices of the console....chrysler does this kind of things all the time...if they run out of A part, they will says opps, missed that.....I'm proof of that on 1st jeep
Old 07-28-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

only input on a 130 is the Aux port on front which you can get adapt to make it work for usb
Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ccuchris
I just bought 2012 Sahara which is suppose to have infinity sound system and sub Blah blah blah --->but with the base radio res 130 I also have the conectivity group and have a usb port in my center console.
so the usb is in your jeep cause that's part of the Connectivity package....the wording doesn't refer to uconnect, just that all those little things connect together....Connectivity Package
Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-group-198811/
Old 07-28-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off topic but If you haven't bought your jeep yet make sure to but one with 3.73 gears
Old 07-28-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Off topic but If you haven't bought your jeep yet make sure to but one with 3.73 gears
Adding a third to collection...lol.....Really? your opinion how the difference will be for me? not heavy on off roading yet...but hoping soon...lol...thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

hypeiv, I see you are a Carolina homester also...Live on Lake Norman, Race Car Country before i came to Atlanta....Born Breed and hung in North Carolina myself...lol...what part?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The RHB 430N does not have uconnect phone built into the headunit. It might have some sort of bluetooth streaming but I jsut did thisz last week. There is a little box mounted behind the AC controls. The USB plugs into this box as does the center plug from the Radio(mic) I switched from RES 130 pulled the headunit out unplugged the two plugs. Plugged the RHB 430N in cycled the engine and everything works.

Now your telling me what about having to get a mic? I already have a mic the mic comes out of that little box behind the AC controls (the uconnect module) and goes up the pillar. I Double checked this because having two uconnect systems in the car can confuse the car and make niether of them work. I hvae changed RES to RER RES to RHR in cars that came with uconnect already and cars that had no uconnect at all (base models) and the reaszon I went with the RHB instead of the RHR was not to have to do a bunch of rerouting or adding a mic mirror but more importantly I knew I couldnt get my fat hand behind the AC controls to get the uconnect box out and stretch the usb cable from that box to the RHR.

But maybe I m just some nut who likes making up stories...............

Quick Reply: JK Base Radio ??? USB ???