Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jeep stereo project (Hertz/Audison)

Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took measurements of the width of the seat rails, and figured out how much depth I would need, cut my inner tray part. I was originally going to do it all ABS plastic, but the inner part of the seat doesn't sit level in comparison with the outer part. I drilled out the outer part, and used nut/bolt to hold that part, and for the inner part I used some strapping (backstraps) to make a mount that would allow the tray to sit level. It was a bit of trial and error, but I am satisfied (for the time being) with how it came out. In hindsight, I would have made it deeper (front to back). After it was all assembled, I painted all the parts with black spray paint to help it blend in, as well as to seal it from potential elements. As it sits right now, you wouldn't notice it at first glance and blends in nicely. I will try and grab some more finished pics when I get a chance.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

which stock radio do you have? have you had any noise issues with the stock HU and the pac adapter? i have a 2012 rubicon unlimited with the infinty system and the 730 rer uconnect/dvd/nav unit. im trying to figure out how i want to procede with my audio upgrades. i have an ms-8 and a few of the massive nano amps i plan on using to power some hybrid mids and tweeters(or possibly some small wideband drivers).
Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any updates here? Gonna start diving in on the 2012 soon.

Quick Reply: Jeep stereo project (Hertz/Audison)