Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

J W Speaker headlights........... you need these in your life!!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbboard
sorry...but does that apply to both the 2011s and 2012s the same? i have a 2012. also, by rotating it, does it affect the ability of the air bag to activate in a collision. sorry for the dumb questions.
Yes, I have a 2011. Rotating it 45 degrees will not affect its operation.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
So tonight I installed the JW Speaker LED head lights but the driver's side head lamp flickers to the degree that the passenger's head lamp light is totally still and doesn't appear to flicker as the driver's side does. Is this the problem when installing these LED lights on our JKs? If so, does this have a solution?

Thank you in advance for your help.
I PMed you details. But you need a harness to bypass the Jeeps Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Where is a good place to pick these up at online?
I think Rebel Offroad has them, and I hear the price is about the best you can find online...

I'm getting these very soon myself.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where is a good place to pick these up at online?
The headlights or the harness? Rebel offroad is a vendor here that sells the headlights. They can be had about 100 dollars cheaper though if you look around.

Headlight harness can be found at Susquenna Motorsport, Daniel stern lighting, 12 volt guy, or ebay.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

So the harness that they say is included at Rebel offroad does not allow for "plug and play"?
Every set of JW Speaker and Truck-Lite we sell comes with appropriate harnesses making them plug and play.

Both are in stock and ready to ship.

(Plug and play referring to the wiring, on the JW their is trimming required in some Jeep model bezels as mentioned in this thread.)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Every set of JW Speaker and Truck-Lite we sell comes with appropriate harnesses making them plug and play.

Both are in stock and ready to ship.

(Plug and play referring to the wiring, on the JW their is trimming required in some Jeep model bezels as mentioned in this thread.)
Technically they are not plug and play since you have to trim the bezel, rotate the airbag sensor, and intall a relay harness. But still very very easy.

Is the harness you sell a true headlight harness with 2 relays (low beam, high beam) or is it just a H4 to H13 pigtail? Sorry but I couldnt find the info on your website.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-28-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is the a proper harness required for LED headlamp operation.

A H13 to H4 adapter will essentially do nothing for you.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that is the Rally Lights harness, I do not know what the part number is sorry.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on another post that you could use an additional headlight ring and avoid the cutting / trimming. I tried to get a p/n for this headlight ring - any one know?

Thank you,

Alex
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Technically they are not plug and play since you have to trim the bezel, rotate the airbag sensor, and intall a relay harness. But still very very easy.

Is the harness you sell a true headlight harness with 2 relays (low beam, high beam) or is it just a H4 to H13 pigtail? Sorry but I couldnt find the info on your website.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amarzano
I read on another post that you could use an additional headlight ring and avoid the cutting / trimming. I tried to get a p/n for this headlight ring - any one know?

Thank you,

Alex
The bucket design for the 2011 and 2012 is the same. The additional ring wasnt to avoid cutting but because the 2012 engine bay was slightly more cramped.

Really trimming the headlight ring is really easy with a dremel, takes about 30 minutes.

Quick Reply: J W Speaker headlights........... you need these in your life!!!!