Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ive Under taken abit of a mission and need a hand

Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ive Under taken abit of a mission and need a hand

Ok heres the story, Ive got the complete infinity stereo system out of a rubicon minus all wiring. I am planning to fit the system to my TJ wrangler, the fitting is not a problem, the wiring on the other hand. Now ive searched this site a 1000 times over and ive found the diagrams for the back of the head unit ( great help). But I need to no what the wiring is for the amp? and sub? is the sub piggy backed off the rear speakers?

Any one have a complete wiring diagram for the entire system? Or the diagram of the pins on the amp? Also does the head unit have an inbuilt amp aswell?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow Chad thats a project, why did you decide to go with the Infinity system insteard of aftermarket? I can't help with the wiring diagram but there are quite a few people on here that have done some extensive work to their JK's sound system and I'm sure they can help. Welcome BTW.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

This might help...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/stock-infinity-amplifier-amp-install-30571/
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah thanks Fun JK, Been looking at joining here for awhile as i also have a 07 JK unlimited. So will be around more now i hope.
Well i got this infinity system pretty cheap (read real cheap) and its actaully a really strong system i no lost of people dont like the sound etc, but with a few tweaks and apline speakers and sub and new wires im hoping i can make a cheap but solid sound system. plus i really like the sub box and the head unit looks pretty stock in the TJ.
Thanks for that clown baby has helped abit. Still need the layout of the pins though.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this system out of a jk? If so your gonna need something to trick the the amp and headunit into thinkning its still hooked up to the can bus. Can bus turns the unit and amp on, not a power wire. This is why the wrangler never got this system in the tj. The TJ does not have a bus system that suports the radio. I have heard of a few people switching out the ecm with a grands in the TJ and hooking up the steeringwheel controlls. But they had lots of little gliches from the massive rewire.

I would say try and find a pre 2001 Grand and snag it. Its very easy to wire it. The hardest thing would be hideing the amp. You should be able to use any headunit.

Here is a diagram from a 99-01 grand cherokee
http://www.wjjeeps.com/radio_systemdiag4.jpg

But if you still intent on useing a jk radio there is no built in amp that i know of.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

After more research i have found that you are right jeep boy, but theres alot on the net about installing a after market head unit in a CANbus car, but not alot about tricking a CANbus head unit into thinking its in a normal car. Not to keen on rewiring the whole TJ. If it gets to that i will just not worry about it.

Quick Reply: Ive Under taken abit of a mission and need a hand