Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Issues Starting

Old 10-07-2022, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues Starting

Earlier this week I went to start my Wrangler and it clicked but wouldn’t turn over. Nothing left on in the vehicle, had not had any issues starting previously. Hooked up cables to get a jump and was reading 12.0 volts. Had it hooked up for 10 seconds and fired right up.

Drove fine the rest of the week, no issues. Get in this morning and the same thing.

now the only thing I noticed each time was the clock on my radio was off by quite a bit once I got it started up.

Taking my battery to get tested now, but if the battery is fine what could be causing this?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Alternator on the way out perhaps? Even try fan belt if you have not changed it. New belts when they slip are silent not like the old ones that would squeal. But most likely battery as they have a habit of simply going without warning.

Quick Reply: Issues Starting