Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Issue with LED fast blink. Help appreciated.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with LED fast blink. Help appreciated.

Hey everyone. I installed my Warrior Products corners with LED's about 4 months ago. They're great products and worked great for about 3 months. Then just awhile ago, I started to get a fast blink issue only on my passenger side. My driver side is not affected and works like a charm.

I say it's a fast blink issue, but not what you think. Here's what happens:

The issue is with my high beam tail lamp on the pass side. The low beam is for the driving light, the high beam is for the brake/signal. Whenever I start my Jeep up, the issue isn't there. High beam light comes on when I brake and signal. Now it's when it gets weird. When I'm going 50 or slower and around town, nothing goes wrong. The minute I hit a highway and maintain 60 or more mph for any period of time, the light goes off. No signal, no brake light, and the fast blink comes on.

I shut the Jeep off at a stop light, turn it back on, the issue goes away.

WTF.

First I thought it was the LED. Told Warrior Products, they told me to swap LH and RH lights and see if it was the lights. It wasn't. The issue was still on the pass side.

They sent me a new resistor. Changed that out. Re-spliced and re-soldered everything. Checked all my connections. Taped the heck out of every exposed wire. Didn't work either. Hit a highway, lose my high beam light.

Not exactly sure what's going on. Something tells me it's my Jeep's electronics. I also have a hunch my Jeep just doesn't like LED's. So my next move is to switch back to my halogens and see if the issue goes away. If it does, my Jeep Hates LEDs. If it's still around....... then maybe I chance going to a dealership to get my electronics checked out and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

I'm somewhat at wits end. Anyone have this weird issue happen to them? Or theories?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would definitely say it's the electronics in the Jeep. If you've switched sides and it didn't follow the bulb, you've replaced the resistor, and the prominent issue is that it works depending on the driving condition all this would lead me to concur with your theory.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toolow262
I would definitely say it's the electronics in the Jeep. If you've switched sides and it didn't follow the bulb, you've replaced the resistor, and the prominent issue is that it works depending on the driving condition all this would lead me to concur with your theory.
I'm beginning to fear that too. Not sure if the dealership knows what to do with something like this. They may refuse to fix it because I have a LED on the end (DIY installed to boot). This is one mod I truly regret doing...
Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do all your signals work on the right side? you might have a bulb on it's way out with a loose element , most time fast blinking is a sin of burnt signal bulbs
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
Do all your signals work on the right side? you might have a bulb on it's way out with a loose element , most time fast blinking is a sin of burnt signal bulbs
Yup all the front blinkers work just fine. This issue is getting more unpredictable now too. My commute this morning had a lot of highway travel and this issue didn't surface once. Everything worked fine the whole way to work.

I'm starting to think this is a Jeep electronics issue and using an LED exposes it. I may still go back to my stock lamps but reversing the installation process of the WP corners is a little messy.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Turns out the issue is with my jeep. I reinstalled my stock lamp, ran it down the freeway and the exact same issue occurred on the stock setup.

Being that this is such a specific failure mode (on highways and at speed) and that it affects a stock setup as well, I'm thinking it's an issue with my TIPM. Will continue digging.

Wanted to say thanks to warrior products and their amazing customer service. They helped me thru the entire process and were very prompt and friendly. I am very happy and impressed by them!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Turns out the issue is with my jeep. I reinstalled my stock lamp, ran it down the freeway and the exact same issue occurred on the stock setup.

Being that this is such a specific failure mode (on highways and at speed) and that it affects a stock setup as well, I'm thinking it's an issue with my TIPM. Will continue digging.

Wanted to say thanks to warrior products and their amazing customer service. They helped me thru the entire process and were very prompt and friendly. I am very happy and impressed by them!
any update?

Quick Reply: Issue with LED fast blink. Help appreciated.