Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPod integration kit + AllGig or Lockpick?

Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the ipod connector thing work with a single cd player 0n an 08?
and be able to control it threw the head unit?
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

I got one on ebay. I havent had a chance to install it yet though. Will let you know when I do.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

got the ipod adapter installed yesterday and so far no major complaints. I installed it at the same time as my Allgig, and the ipod cable seems to work just fine. It even has a nice little tab on the media screen next to the HDD, disc, etc. Tell you what though, it is tough to fit all of the cables from the Allgig in addition to this ipod adapter guy behind the Mygig. i just shoved it all over to the side and it seemed to work out.

the only problem ive run into is my Uconnect (mic installed at same time as all this jazz) is now on the fritz. It worked when i first put it in, but now I just get the "Not Equipped with UConnect" screen when i push the button. Im gonna take it apart and check everything again this weekend, but im hoping it is an easy fix and not a problem caused by piggy-backing the mic off of the ipod adapter, which plugs into both the middle slot and the right one on the back of the Mygig (if you are looking at the back, that is). if the ipod adapter and uconnect turn out to be incompatible, i will be one sad panda.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackbnimble
got the ipod adapter installed yesterday and so far no major complaints. I installed it at the same time as my Allgig, and the ipod cable seems to work just fine. It even has a nice little tab on the media screen next to the HDD, disc, etc. Tell you what though, it is tough to fit all of the cables from the Allgig in addition to this ipod adapter guy behind the Mygig. i just shoved it all over to the side and it seemed to work out.

the only problem ive run into is my Uconnect (mic installed at same time as all this jazz) is now on the fritz. It worked when i first put it in, but now I just get the "Not Equipped with UConnect" screen when i push the button. Im gonna take it apart and check everything again this weekend, but im hoping it is an easy fix and not a problem caused by piggy-backing the mic off of the ipod adapter, which plugs into both the middle slot and the right one on the back of the Mygig (if you are looking at the back, that is). if the ipod adapter and uconnect turn out to be incompatible, i will be one sad panda.
It's just something came loose from toooooo many wires/plugs in a small space. I ended up taping a lot of my connectors together to keep them from coming loose.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackbnimble

What year JK do you have? Is it an 07 or 08? Or an 09?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wesley8808
What year JK do you have? Is it an 07 or 08? Or an 09?
His profile:
Year
Model
Rubicon
Color
Black
Transmission
6 Speed

That said, if he can control an iPod it has to be a 09+ RER.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
gwh
JK Newbie

My wife's 09 van has a Mygig with the Ipod adapter built in. It works pretty well. But as others have said the 09 Mygig is a different piece of hardware from the 07-08 unit. It has an additional connector for the Ipod cable.

I have an 08 Sahara with RER Mygig and Lockpick. I added an Apple Composite AV Cable to the video input that the Lockpick allows since it turns on the VES. The cable is on Apple's site at http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...mco=MjE0NTAzOA

The Ipod connector comes out at the bottom of the center stack and sits near the parking brake handle. My Iphone normally sits in one of the cup holders or in the slot near the brake handle. Calls come through the blue tooth connection. Music and Video are played using the VES Aux 1 connection but are still controlled on the Iphone.

The cable also has a USB lead to allow it to function as a charger. The USB lead come out at the top of the center stack and plugs into the USB on the front of the Mygig.

Quick Reply: iPod integration kit + AllGig or Lockpick?