Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPod integration kit + AllGig or Lockpick?

Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod integration kit + AllGig or Lockpick?

Hello -

This is my first post. I picked up my 2009 Rubicon 2-door (my first Jeep!) on Saturday, and I'm loving it. I'm starting to investigate some modifications, but I think I am somewhat less than proficient in the electrical department. My rig has an RER MyGig system. I want to unlock the MyGig (dvd and bluetooth functionality), but I also want to integrate my iPod (i.e. connect to the back of the system and run it through the glove box then operate the iPod through the MyGig). Can someone tell me whether I can use both the #82211853 iPod integration kit and either AllGig or Lockpick? I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this, but I can't find any clear instructions on the iPod kit install, so I don't know where it plugs in. I hope they don't conflict. Any info appreciated. Peace.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2! I want to know, I really want both, but if I had to choose, I guess I'd choose the lockpick since the ipod can still use the aux input. Sure is ugly though.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackbnimble
Hello -

This is my first post. I picked up my 2009 Rubicon 2-door (my first Jeep!) on Saturday, and I'm loving it. I'm starting to investigate some modifications, but I think I am somewhat less than proficient in the electrical department. My rig has an RER MyGig system. I want to unlock the MyGig (dvd and bluetooth functionality), but I also want to integrate my iPod (i.e. connect to the back of the system and run it through the glove box then operate the iPod through the MyGig). Can someone tell me whether I can use both the #82211853 iPod integration kit and either AllGig or Lockpick? I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this, but I can't find any clear instructions on the iPod kit install, so I don't know where it plugs in. I hope they don't conflict. Any info appreciated. Peace.
They won't conflict.
You'd need either the allgig or lockpick (read forums pick one. Mine's different, so I have no opinion either way on those two) to unlock the in motion dvd, and in motion nav entry, etc etc.

Then you will need the mopar ipod cable to control the iPod while it's in the glovebox. I think that's the right part number.
Once you have both, you'll be able to control your iPod and watch dvd's while driving.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

good news! muchas gracias
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know if the MOPAR iPod integration kit will work with the 07 MyGig?

Thanks...
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

are you guys sure about this part number?

I called my Dealer they said it's not available in any state. and will take about 10 days to get from over seas. it goes for around 80 or 90. they only problem is that I get it. and then it doesn't work that would kinda suck. I don't know if I can return wiring and electronics.

anyone have this working on their JK with the my gig nav?

Lo2aY
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wesley8808
Anyone know if the MOPAR iPod integration kit will work with the 07 MyGig?

Thanks...
Unfortunately, no. The 07 and 08s can NOT control an iPod.

:(

As for is that the right part number, yes. There are a couple of people here and on another "jeep forum" that have gotten it working.

Just double check with them to verify they will take it back if it's the wrong part if you are nervous.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hscrugby
They won't conflict.
You'd need either the allgig or lockpick (read forums pick one. Mine's different, so I have no opinion either way on those two) to unlock the in motion dvd, and in motion nav entry, etc etc.

Then you will need the mopar ipod cable to control the iPod while it's in the glovebox. I think that's the right part number.
Once you have both, you'll be able to control your iPod and watch dvd's while driving.
All right!! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hscrugby
Unfortunately, no. The 07 and 08s can NOT control an iPod.

:(

As for is that the right part number, yes. There are a couple of people here and on another "jeep forum" that have gotten it working.

Just double check with them to verify they will take it back if it's the wrong part if you are nervous.

Cheers
So your saying that the mygig on the 09s is different?

That would really suck.

I would like to use my iPod with my stereo without having to go and change the songs from my iPod.

Is there a trick to it to make it work
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anybody been able to get the iPod connector mentioned above in the last couple weeks? I ordered one from my dealer about 2 weeks ago, and they told me after a few days that it is on backorder and they cannot give me an accurate time frame as to how long it will take to arrive.

I too am looking in to the Allgig or Lockpick once I make my mind up which one is the best. Any thoughts or any luck on the iPod connector lately?

Quick Reply: iPod integration kit + AllGig or Lockpick?