Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPod 4th Gen & USB Port

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just tried my USB flash drive, and the mp3s on the root of the drive are recognized.

Yes! Now I am can have 32GB of mp3s at my will!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Junkie

I have my flash drives working great...they seem to be playing based on the names of the songs on alphabetical order

Anyone know how to change that or better yet how to make playlists?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Murder¹
I have an ipod touch 5th generation & it wont recognize it either. I talked ti chrysler & they said there wasn't anything they could do. But at the dealership they said to call chrysler & get an update cd so i don't know
Yikes, a 5th gen touch doesn't work? :( That's really disappointing to hear...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I have my flash drives working great...they seem to be playing based on the names of the songs on alphabetical order

Anyone know how to change that or better yet how to make playlists?
Today, I'm going to try and upload albums in folders on the flash drive. I wonder if you can skip through albums...
Old 04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpiderDice
Today, I'm going to try and upload albums in folders on the flash drive. I wonder if you can skip through albums...
If you have everything organized in a file structure i.e. artists, albums, songs, uConnect will recognize it like that and you can view by such.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slinky
If you have everything organized in a file structure i.e. artists, albums, songs, uConnect will recognize it like that and you can view by such.
Alright cool! I'll give that a try and let everyone know.

Looks like a USB flash drive is the way to go if you MP3 player or Smartphone doesn't work!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpiderDice
Alright cool! I'll give that a try and let everyone know.

Looks like a USB flash drive is the way to go if you MP3 player or Smartphone doesn't work!
Yeah, I'm hoping my old 80gig iPod keeps chugging. I have around 60 something gigs of music and it's really convenient to have iTunes handle all the syncing.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Default try this

I have an I phone 4 I plug the usb port into the usb adapter on the my gig and the broad plug back to the iphone, then I plug a standard needle into the port on the the iphone and run the other end to the needle plug port on the my gig, NOW I get anythingthat comes our of the iphone music books etc to play through the my gig , I just lucked into that anybody else try it ? or know why it works>
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
I have an I phone 4 I plug the usb port into the usb adapter on the my gig and the broad plug back to the iphone, then I plug a standard needle into the port on the the iphone and run the other end to the needle plug port on the my gig, NOW I get anythingthat comes our of the iphone music books etc to play through the my gig , I just lucked into that anybody else try it ? or know why it works>
Because you are plugged into the AUX jack, can you control your music through the head unit, or do you need to do everything from the phone?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Default both

volume through both the phone and the nav gig the selection phone only.

Quick Reply: iPod 4th Gen & USB Port