Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ipod

Old 04-16-2007, 05:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my current vehicle I have an adapter for my HU, when I get in my wife's grand cherokee I use this. It's pretty much the same thing as all of these other FM units, and works well...in my wife's car and in my boat.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most factory or aftermarket receivers now have an output on the back in which a patch cord can be plugged into and the other end can be run into a center console or glove box for you to access. It also charges at all times.

Originally Posted by VETTE277
What exactly would I need to be able to plug my ipod into the stero, and also be able to charge at the same time ? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SONIC

and can someone confirm that ther is an input in the rear of the stereo? i have no problems dissassembling to get to it lol

There is NO rear input.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
is there an adapter out yet to allow use of the can bus?
Theres a MOPAR Ipod cable for your stock HU w/ CanBus (Mopar iPod Adapter for CanB Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Radios). Part # 82209617AB. It's like $200 and I have no idea how well it works.

It looks promising.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeephrog
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/ipod-installed-center-console-step-step-2313/
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=149006
Full write up on installing cleanly and hidden, but just the charger part is perfect for charging and playing at the same time and does not require hard wiring.
This is what i have and it works great! Target caries it!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by '07JK Fan
Curious about your experience with the DLO Transpod... mine was less than stellar. It did install nicely, albeit without the extension. Mine sounds terrible... mostly I suppose due to location. Really hating the static/fuzz...
I use the DLO transpod in my Civic and it works great. Originally had a Belkin and returned it the day after purchase. Used the transpod for over a year with no issues. Sound quality is as good as you're going to get out of an FM transmitter.

I just use the Aux input in the JK.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Area-51
Trying to find the exact part# though has led me to question whether it truly IS a direct connect, and not an FM modulation....if it isn't, I am gonna become VERY irate at a certain dealer, who has already blown smoke up my rear a couple times now on my Jeep moving forward.

I have a call into the dealer to see if they can get me the exact part # they ordered...I am suspecting that what they think (and what I thought I read) is not the case, and there may only be a FM bound one....in which case I am likely to backpedal....and perhaps might be the straw that causes me to cancel the order with this dealer....
Any word on this yet? I wanted to do this, until I found out that the mopar part was fm-bound. If this is different and allows for full integration, that would be awesome.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by run43v3r
Any word on this yet? I wanted to do this, until I found out that the mopar part was fm-bound. If this is different and allows for full integration, that would be awesome.
Well, if you get the Uconnect Module you can have an iPod connector that isn't FM bound and controls all the functions of the Ipod through the head unit and you'd also have Uconnect enabled. The pricetag is a bit steep for most at about $250 for both. I however found it well worth it.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use a FM transimitter.....only for a charger though since the new Jeep has the Aux input, i use a $3 cable from any store, it's just a headphone to headphone jack so i use the headphone cables to input into the stereo and the FM transmitter to charger it..which is all the time b/c my battery is crap.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rhodesian
What about a pocket dock? Do they still make those? That would charge it and would bypass the amp in the iPod that is in teh headphone jack.

If anyone knows where to get a pocket dock, let me know.
sendstation.com / Line out signal sounds much better than headphone jack on the ipods.

Quick Reply: Ipod