Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ipod

Old 01-12-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HEK
Thanks Silver JK, what I may do is swap outlets and move the radar detector plug to where you have the charger/ holder and just shut off manually the radar detector as it doesn't get much use ( wife drives very slooooow ) and just turn it on when I'm behind the wheel as cops in the towns I drive thru give out tickets for going over 5 mph over the posted speed limit...anyway I'll see how it looks and thank God I didn't cut the wire to length...thanks again...HEK

You can also go to radio shack and get a another female plug, run it to the fuse box (with an inline fuse) and hide behind the dash. You could hook it to a hot lead or have it on an igintion only. If charging ever became a problem or I was in my car a lot I would do a hot lead with a switch to turn on/off and have all the wires hidden. As far as running down the battery though...they are like cell phones, you could keep them in there for days and days w/o the battery being effected.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2379044731.png
Views:	39
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	615611   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2878348762.png
Views:	29
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	615612   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1822325063.png
Views:	38
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	615613  
Old 01-12-2007, 06:13 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasChopper
You can also go to radio shack and get a another female plug, run it to the fuse box (with an inline fuse) and hide behind the dash. You could hook it to a hot lead or have it on an igintion only. If charging ever became a problem or I was in my car a lot I would do a hot lead with a switch to turn on/off and have all the wires hidden. As far as running down the battery though...they are like cell phones, you could keep them in there for days and days w/o the battery being effected.

I don't want to hijack the thread but i really don't want to hardwire anything on the Jeep well until it's paid for, just in case there is some electrical problem down the line I would hate to void the warranty, as I mentioned in previous threads this is my 1st Jeep/ American vehicle and I'm not very familiar with the "things" allowed by DC...... TexasChopper thanks for the reply ...

HEK
Old 01-12-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HEK
I don't want to hijack the thread but i really don't want to hardwire anything on the Jeep well until it's paid for, just in case there is some electrical problem down the line I would hate to void the warranty, as I mentioned in previous threads this is my 1st Jeep/ American vehicle and I'm not very familiar with the "things" allowed by DC...... TexasChopper thanks for the reply ...

HEK
your not going void any warranty trust me. All you do is tap into one of the fuses with a "fuse tap" It's no different then back in the day when everyone had phones installed in the car. Run a wire to the fuse, and screw in a ground wire somewhere. If you wanted to you could even use "wire taps" and go into the exsiting cig lighter wires. (fuses would be better) I only mention these idea's as it a nice way to have a very clean look and not have wires going all over the place when you have muliple devices in your in your vehicle.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

watching this thread
Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Major Ho
My friends got me a Mopar Ipod adaptor for my birthday. Not too bad to install and it works a lot like a FM modulator except its hard wired in. Also charges the Ipod and it sits cleanly in the glove compartment. Ill get the part number for you all and pics even though theres not much to see as its all tucked away from sight.

I just found it online too
http://store.justforjeeps.com/moipinkit2.html
There is another iPod interface for the Jeeps, and some other Chrysler vehicles that is hardwired in, but does not use FM modulation...then everything with the iPod can be controlled via the radio control, and like the one above, your iPod is in the glovebox, and gets charged.

I saw the one noted above, and was concerned the dealer's info was "wrong" on the one they are putting in for me being FM modulation, but they listed the one I am getting as a different part #....it was a little more money...but that was part of the "deal" I made for my Jeep.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Area 51,

Please keep us posted on your ipod interface. I noticed you are getting the 6 disk changer and not the single disk player. Do you happen to know if this non-FM modulator part works with the single disk? And will the control through the headunit allow you to access all the ipod functions - playlists, songs, artist, album, etc?

I'm doing all I can to utilize what came with the vehicle. I've had so many systems stolen in the past (with alarms and without) that I just don't want to be a target for thieves anymore. The worst part was the damage done to the cars while those monkeys ripped my stuff out. I just don't think it's worth it anymore to go crazy on an aftermarket system although those Alpine retractable video screen head units are pretty nice.................
Old 01-17-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

This may not be the "correct" part # (pulled this from the Mopar Chrysler accessories for the Town and Country), but it is the "same" product my dealer has ordered for me:

82209616AC Audio, iPod Interface
iPod Integration Kit - Fully integrated adapter provides iPod control through your vehicle's audio system controls. For use on models equipped with RBQ, RAZ, RBP, RBK, RAH and RB1 radios (J-1850 style audio systems). $175.00

The brochure they had I coulda swore listed it worked with the radio code for the 6 disk in the 2007 wrangler, and I am pretty certain the single disk as well. It was only roughly $50 more than the FM bound one.

Last edited by Area-51; 01-17-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Trying to find the exact part# though has led me to question whether it truly IS a direct connect, and not an FM modulation....if it isn't, I am gonna become VERY irate at a certain dealer, who has already blown smoke up my rear a couple times now on my Jeep moving forward.

I have a call into the dealer to see if they can get me the exact part # they ordered...I am suspecting that what they think (and what I thought I read) is not the case, and there may only be a FM bound one....in which case I am likely to backpedal....and perhaps might be the straw that causes me to cancel the order with this dealer....

Last edited by Area-51; 01-17-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireMedicXL
I use the DLO Transpod. Works great and I don't have to deal with wires hanging all over the place

DLO Transpod

Curious about your experience with the DLO Transpod... mine was less than stellar. It did install nicely, albeit without the extension. Mine sounds terrible... mostly I suppose due to location. Really hating the static/fuzz...
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default At least reply to the original topic ---

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/ipod-installed-center-console-step-step-2313/
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=149006
Full write up on installing cleanly and hidden, but just the charger part is perfect for charging and playing at the same time and does not require hard wiring.

Quick Reply: Ipod