Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

IPF Headlight Harness Issue

Old 08-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
These things are crap. I wish I'd just stayed stock. I've had my frickin' grill off so many times trying to get these things to work consistently I could do it blindfolded now.

I'm on my second set of XT42 bulbs. Currently, the passenger side low beam is burnt out and needs to be replaced. The driver's side is functional some times as long as I can keep the cable connector on the back of the bulb at exactly the right position and never hit any bumps. (Right?) I'm at a loss how to get it to stay on.

Absolute junk... and I'm stuck with them because the pigtail harnesses burnt/melted my original OEM connectors so badly I had to snip them off and direct wire.
I have had no problems with mine, or the harness. But it does seem that with the many issues they have had, that they would do a major overhaul on the harness connector design. Sorry to hear of the experience you have had with yours.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
These things are crap. I wish I'd just stayed stock. I've had my frickin' grill off so many times trying to get these things to work consistently I could do it blindfolded now.

I'm on my second set of XT42 bulbs. Currently, the passenger side low beam is burnt out and needs to be replaced. The driver's side is functional some times as long as I can keep the cable connector on the back of the bulb at exactly the right position and never hit any bumps. (Right?) I'm at a loss how to get it to stay on.

Absolute junk... and I'm stuck with them because the pigtail harnesses burnt/melted my original OEM connectors so badly I had to snip them off and direct wire.
Will be ordering my third set of bulbs in as many years. Passenger side low beam burnt out, again. *grrr*

Quick Reply: IPF Headlight Harness Issue