Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

IPF Headlight Harness Issue

Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont wanna but if i keep having problems with these harnesses i have to find a better way to keep these.....
Old 01-16-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

I emailed Seth at ARB with my problem and within 3 days of e-mailing him i had brand new harnesses at my door no questions asked!!! they are fantastic!!!!! thats good Customer service thanks guys!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design ever, the terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended.
I would suggest to install a H4 direct plug-in.
http://www.headlightservices.com/Wiring.html

Last edited by MountainJK; 01-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Update

The grease and zipties only lasted one week to the day. I was very said when both lights (high and low beam) went dark. I was able to get away with no headlights for a few days this week but we got snow yesterday in Denver.

I was very sad yesterday when the replacement harnesses didn't come. Mother Nature forced me to install my OEM head lights. They really are not as good, but at least I have working head lights.

I really hope that my harnesses come soon. If they are not here by Monday, Quadratec will be getting a call.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

I was all excited and ready to order these IPFs until I found this thread. What a pain. It's supposed to be such an easy install. Are there better headlight kit options out there?

Geno
Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Just ordered my IPF's...Hope I get a newer batch with better harnesses!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got some the other day. They plugged right in, no problem. On the housing itself there were some little silver tabs that were stopping me from fitting the housing in properly. They were just glued on so I puled them off with pliers and they fit perfect after that. I would try them first and if they aren't then you could try what I did for better fit, up to you.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Its rather short sighted not to get these lights based on this one thread. In the price range these really are the best option. If you want to spend more you can part an option together, but it will cost you.

If you don't get the IPF/ARB, I would also stay way from the Delta kits. They have lots of quality issues and many people have moved from Delta to IPF (including me).

Good Luck

Originally Posted by Geno Kearney
I was all excited and ready to order these IPFs until I found this thread. What a pain. It's supposed to be such an easy install. Are there better headlight kit options out there?

Geno
Old 02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Update

Hello all

It has been a few weeks but the saga continues. I called Quadratec to see where my new wire harnesses were and they didn't know. They called ARB and found out they were out of stock. ARB also wanted to talk with me.

I called ARB and the tech was great. I went over all the steps and they were open to replacing the whole kit. We decided the real issue was in the wire harness. The tech did say they have found issues on the 2007 and 2008 JK models. Of coarse I have a 2008. The issue is around a possible less than standard H13 plug in the JK. ARB said they have seen some issue with these models and hope new harnesses will fix it. If the new harnesses didn't work they wanted to cross that bridge later.

ARB said there was no back order of harnesses and would be sending me a set via UPS. I have the harnesses but now the CO weather is cold and snowy. The weekend should be in the 50s so I hope to install them then.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed IPF's with the intension of switching to HID's. I bought the lens' for $30 each and made H13-H4 adapters myself. When I plugged Into the H13 socket I had an unreliable connection. Ended up taping the 2 with electrical tape to keep them together. My JK is a 2010.

Quick Reply: IPF Headlight Harness Issue