Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

IPF H4 headlight install question

Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPF H4 headlight install question

Hey guys,

I just installed the new IPF H4 headlights with the blue and I must say they are a huge improvement over the factory lights. I have one quick question though, when my lights are on low beam they seam to shoot light out perfectly but when I switch to high beam they go into the trees and don't light up the road at all. I would assume that the correct way to deal with this would be to adjustment the light downward so that the high beams are pointed more towards the road rather than in the trees but if I did this won't my low beams be shooting very close in front of me? Is there anyway to keep the low beams shooting out at the distance they should be as well as the high beams?

Bryson
Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

65 views and still nothing. No one has any ideas?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Have you checked to make sure the lights are adjusted correctly? Here is a write up that will help:

Jeep JK Wrangler Headlight Adjustment
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default headlight aiming after IPF install

I spent quite a bit of time getting mine just right. The hardest part is staying square to the vertical surface with the tape on it and staying exactly in line (perpendicular) as you back up. If you didn't lift your JK you should follow the instructions on a Google search. If you did a lift, I think all is the same. Daniel Stern has an easy to follow one. I like driving up very close to the vertical wall and placing marks/tape on the surface. (tape in case you don't want to leave permanent marks)Measure 25 feet from the wall and place a JK wide piece of tape where you will back up until the headlights are just above it. Again you can measure the exact distance from 2 places about JK wide so the tape on the ground will be exactly parallel with the vertical surface. Try it a few times and you'll get it right. After I did all this I still dropped mine down a bit to help illuminate the road the way I like it without blinding oncoming cars. The high beams are just right after doing the adjustment. Sorry for being so wordy, it's just that I found it's not as easy to follow as the write-ups indicate. Good luck

Quick Reply: IPF H4 headlight install question