Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Intermittently fobs are locked out on 09 Sahara

Old 06-29-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, Well I finally made it to the dealership and mentioned the TSB I pasted in this thread previously. I got two new keys ordered under warranty. Hope this helps. Funny thing, no issue in the last month. Keeping fingers crossed that this fixes the issue.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

probably totally unrelated, but I've noticed that this same thing happens on mine if I lock the door with the remote key fob while any of the doors are open (passenger, tailgate, etc.) All doors will lock but they will not unlock with the key fob. Have to open the door manually with the key and then turn the ignition switch on to shut off the alarm.

Again, this might be totally unrelated and a different set of circumstances, but might be worth making sure all doors are closed before you lock it. Might be a little thing that goes unnoticed but it's happened to me a few times where I've locked it before a passenger closes their door.

Last edited by msuguy78; 07-04-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default UPDATE: Appears fixed...

Well it has been cold now for several months and I've had no problems since the dealership replaced the fobs. I am sooo relieved!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2008 too!

My 2008 sahara just started acting up BUT it drains the battery and I need to jump it to get it moving! the other key worked ok - acts like the key i usually use got corrupted somehow. I can usually solve problems using logic but this stumps me - my only solution (untried as of yet) is to give the other key a chance to act right. It is acting like the original key and the alarm system aren't communicating - go figure. Any help anyone can give will be appreciated!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

ANy thoughts on this

Theyve replaced every part of the keyless system including Keyless fobs, ... still doing it

2010 unlimited

Quick Reply: Intermittently fobs are locked out on 09 Sahara