Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

intermittent airbag light, codes B1BA6, B223D

Old 10-09-2015, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent airbag light, codes B1BA6, B223D

2007 jeep jk, now and then when i am driving the airbag light in the cluster and passenger airbag disable light comes on. most of the time i can turn jeep off and when i restart it lights go out. today the lights came on while driving then went out for a little bit and eventually came back on. connected my obd reader to it and read 2 codes stored in airbag module:

B1BA6--Occupant Classification Undetermined
B223D--OCM DTC Present.

from what ive read online the first code points to the weight sensor in the passenger seat needing recalibration. what would have caused it to become uncalibrated? for a cost of $230 the dealer said they would recalibrate it!!!!!!! the seat hasnt been removed and none of the plugs disconnected. i believe thats a little steep in price for a sensor that can just suddenly on its own become uncalibrated!!!!

the second code i believe is just there cause of the first code.

anyhow, has anyone dealt with this issue before? i have read where the 07's have an issue with the clock spring to the point that chrysler extended the warranty on the clock spring to 10 yr/ 150000 miles. how would i know if the clock spring isnt causing this issue? would there be a seperate code for the clockspring where it has to do with the air bag system? horn works, cruise works--haha cruise in a jeep 6 speed still cracks me up....

thanks for any and all help

Quick Reply: intermittent airbag light, codes B1BA6, B223D