Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Interior Lighting

Old 12-11-2019, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

looking good.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Project finished

Project complete lights up the interior right in front of me very well if i was to do it again ...i would do three instead of two but it’s much better even with just two i’ll probably add one more in the center this summer when i take the top off.jim

Outside view LEDs on in windshield

LED on have dimmed photo LED is blinding to camera
Old 12-12-2019, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

That is factory looking set up as well.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks that is what i was going for.it all works stock opening the doors, turn on with the turn signal switch and also on with the dome light push switch.although i think I am having a rethink on adding a third one after sitting with it in my driveway after work 4:30 in the morning .if i added a third which would not be blocked by a sun visor it would be blinding I think two is just fine.i can read maps and see just fine the way it is.
I had to only drill 3 holes for this whole project 2 for the LEDs them selves and one for the wire to pass through the sound bar plastic right behind the dome light it is totally out of sight with the dome light in place.jim
Old 12-12-2019, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those leds look great. I have a 2012 jku and just picked up the auto dimming mirror, which side does your factory harness in your pictures go down, drivers or passenger side ? I need to locate the other end in the dash.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

The auto dimming Harness in my 13' goes down the drivers side if you have tinted rear windows you will find that the mirror Never dims as the light reaching it isn't intense enough to trigger it.jim
The following users liked this post:
TK4619 (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 01:25 AM
JK Newbie

Ok. Thanks , i will check the drivers side for a connector . Hopefully my 12 is one with the wiring under the dashboard. If not i do know what each wire does and will have to wire it in manually
Old 12-15-2019, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Well my 12 did not have the connector for the mirror under the dash , so i had to run wires to the harness on the passenger side and splice into the harness. It is working great. I did open it up and swap the warm leds for pure white to match my domes and i installed leds in the foot wells . It is possible to make it auto dim even with tinted windows. There is a small white square on the front facing part of the mirror. Its a sensor for outside light. Same as the one facing the rear. If you cover part of the front facing one with electrical tape it becomes more sensitive and the mirror will dim with tinted windows.

Last edited by TK4619; 12-15-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting