Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Interior Dome Lights not working

Old 12-10-2015, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Dome Lights not working

Tried looking for threads common on this issue, but none seemed to remedy my scenario.

I'm driving a 2011 JKU Rubi. My interior dome lights won't come on when any door is opened, nor will they come on with the turn signal switch. They will come on with the button on the dome light itself. I've unplugged and replugged all of the door power harnesses...still nothing. I do get a "door open" registered on the dash though.

I checked a lot of fuses under the hood, all looked good (hard to read which belongs to what though). Hoping this isn't a "time to bring to the dealer" issue.

Help!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing happened to my 11 jk. After going through numerous dealers, one finally figured it out. The gauge cluster had a short in it and needed to be replaced. Works great now. Hope this replay helped you.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Saltyshe
Same thing happened to my 11 jk. After going through numerous dealers, one finally figured it out. The gauge cluster had a short in it and needed to be replaced. Works great now. Hope this replay helped you.
Thanks. Sounds like I'll have to bring it in then. At least I know what to tell them to check first.

Do you remember how much that set you back? Or can you recall how many miles you had on the jeep when that happened? I'm only at 43k. I feel that's quite early to start having issues...
Old 12-11-2015, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Mine broke around 50k miles. It was covered under the warranty but I with the diagnosis it would have been about $600. It took over a week to figure it out. I don't think the gauge cluster was expensive and I think it was easy for them to fix once they figured it out.

Quick Reply: Interior Dome Lights not working