Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installing additional amp to factory inifinity HU

Old 07-09-2007 | 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing additional amp to factory inifinity HU

I have a MTX Thunder 4202 and a few subs sitting around from my previous cars. I have an unlimited X with the infinity amp/sub. All of my old CD players had RCA outputs, but I don't believe the infinity does. What would I need to connect the MTX amp to the factory 6disc unit? Also, where would the turn on lead go?

I looked through everything trying to find where someone added another amp but couldn't find anything. I'd appreciate a link if there was one.

Last edited by Silky; 07-09-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2007 | 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

You need a Line Out Converter. Go to this site, you want either model #NE-774V or NE-7V.
Old 07-11-2007 | 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, I figured out what I'm going to do. I don't have the parts in yet, but I'll take pictures this weekend when I do it.

I plan on mounting the amp and a speaker to RCA adapter (Scosche SLC4)under the passenger seat. I'm using this:

I'm going to splice the speaker wires running to the overhead speakers and run in the plastic between the passenger front and rear doors and connect to the RCA adapter. The wires will run under the couple inches of carpet and come out under the seat.

I'm going to run the remote wire to the cigarette staying under the plastic on the right passenger side. I'm going to run the power wire through a hole at the top of the driver's side and then similiar path to the AMP.

The speaker wires will run the same path as the infinity sub but will come out at the hinge of the fold down flap. I'll store the speaker wires in the storage area so when I don't have the subs in there, they won't be visible.

I haven't looked for the best spot to attach the ground yet.

Last edited by Silky; 07-11-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2007 | 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Im in the same position as you.

Please keep this updated as to how it turns out and how it sounds!
Old 07-14-2007 | 11:39 PM
JK Newbie

Here is how it went, just finished up so no pics yet.

Items required:

40 Feet of lead wire
10ga 8ft power wire
3ft ground wire
speaker to RCA adapter
amp

First thing I did was cut 4x 7 ft wires. I spliced to the rear sub inside of the factory box. Two to black and two to green. I drilled through the rubber stud to get out of the box. I ran the wires along the side of the Jeep to the passenger side. When getting to the plastic between the front and rear door to under the right side of the rear passenger seat. The amp and speaker to RCA are mounter under passenger seat. In the Scorche adapter, use A5-8 if using 2 subs.

You could also just run two wires and splice those right under the seat using short wires.

I ran the ground wire to the bolt next to the back side of the rear passenger side door. Sanded it and bolted it down then stuck the plactic part which holds the factory wires in place.

For the power wire, I drilled a hole under the battery and ran it with the factory wires.

The Scorche adapter also requires a lead wire. I splice it to the REM wire for the amp. About 4". For the amp I ran it along the same wire path as the factory wiring to the cigarette lighter. It splices to the Blue wire.

For the speaker wires, I ran them under the carpet in the back, under the back seat to the passenger seat. The back seat will pinch the wire so they wont move when set in place.
Old 07-15-2007 | 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

so hows the sound? lets see some pics
Old 07-16-2007 | 10:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ++

Originally Posted by hmk21
so hows the sound? lets see some pics
Indeed...pics...
Old 07-22-2007 | 01:49 PM