Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installation of Rigid Industries SR-Q2 Driving LED's in OEM fog light harness.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation of Rigid Industries SR-Q2 Driving LED's in OEM fog light harness.

I am sure this has been done before and even documented on here, but I wasn't able to find anything like it during my numerous searches, so I figure that this may help out those who were interested in something like this. Also, this is my first write up and I know it is not very detailed but hopefully it is still beneficial.

So after I swapped bumpers, I didn't want my OEM fog light harness and controls to go to waste. I decided to go with the RI SR-Q2 LED's because they were low profile and would draw less watts than the OEM fogs, allowing for minimal modification to use with the OEM controls. My other criteria was to not hack up the OEM harness. So after some searching for something that will plug directly into the OEM fog harness I settled on the MOPAR Fog Light Installation Kit .

Installation was incredibly easy even for a moron like me. I simply stripped the ends off of the MOPAR harness (blue clips) and stripped the plugs off of the supplied Rigid harness (Red ends) and joined the two. Black on black, blue on red. Very easy. Although you do have a lot of excess wire to recut if needed, make sure to take measurements for how long this harness needs to be prior to cutting and joining the two.

Cleaned them up a little by adding the black sheath and they are ready to go.

Installed the lights on the bumper and plugged them into the OEM fog light harness.

And done!
The lights work just as your normal fog lights would. Everything said and done in less than an hour.

Hope this was helpful for someone out there!

Quick Reply: Installation of Rigid Industries SR-Q2 Driving LED's in OEM fog light harness.