Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity System on a 09 JK

Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity System on a 09 JK

What's up everyone? I have an Infinity System in my 09 Sahara. I was wondering if I buy the Kickers for the sound bar will I be getting an upgrade to the sound. I would like to do this myself and not pay a dealer or a company to install. From what I have read its an easy swap. Are these the best upgrades available that is an easy swap or are there other speakers out there on the market that would also be an easy swap. I am no electrician so cross wiring putting a resistor (somewhere) is not gonna work for me. Lol

Thanks and I can't believe it took me almost three years to find these forums.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Kickers are great speakers but for ease of install and equal quality just get the Boston Acoustics from the Challengers. They bolt right in and have the same electrical plug. Changed mine out and they sound great. Also think about changing out your tweeters. Made a huge difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. Do the boston acoustics have a part number? Pick them up anywhere other than the dealer? I'd go to Best Buy (if I had to) if they carried them.

Thanks again...
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this thread.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/boston-accoustics-speaker-upgrade-221486/

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply: Infinity System on a 09 JK