Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

I'm $13k in and still unresolved, please help!

Old 01-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

AAPL my past dealings with issue like yours always pointed me to fuel starvation. Now where the issue is I don't know but first question is - are you using garbage gasoline or do you go to Shell, Mobil or name brand oil companies as such to fill up? Next question is why don't you start with a fuel treatment additive for about three tanks. I have been using Costco gas or cheap brand and 2 weeks ago filled up with Shell product and what a difference in performance and gas mileage. Always fill my Audi R8 with top brand premium. CaryT could be on to something which a simple clamp device on the line from tank to evap canister will tell. Or for some reason your system is not venting enough to let air replace fuel in the tank. Try slightly unscrewing the fuel cap when running, go with the error code but this will tell you if that is the case.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any performance problems replacing rusted out shield while tank is down might as well change fuel pump/regulator assembly guy on youtube dropped his snapped small plastic breather spud d.i.y. repair on breather spud might just order plastic tank from unlimited have new shield new bolts for job. Gas used Shell Mobile used to run high octane gets pricey good performance.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2013 JK that off and on has done the same thing for the last 3 years. I replaced my Transmission at 104k miles, trans pump, torque convertor. Replaced all of my cam and crank shaft sensors. Service engine light would go off and then the minute I was driving against the wind or up a hill it would do the same thing. I could pull over turn jeep off, wait a few minutes and the TCS light would still be on but I would have power back. I have read on other threads and forums that if you have different size tires on the Jeep that could cause the issue and to program the Jeep to the tire size. I bought a programmer and then my engine went at 198k miles. Just replaced my engine, have not seen the issue again yet (knock on wood).
Old 02-03-2021, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a similar issue, was the crank position sensor. Don’t use aftermarket one use factory sensor.

The other thing our engines have an extended warranty on the left bank cylinder head granted FCA has been known to avoid paying out on this... The problem was more widespread then initially reported and this warranty ends very soon.

https://www.offroaders.com/technical...anty-extended/
The following 2 users liked this post by Niteshooter:
Airborne72 (02-04-2021), Nonblonde1983 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I threw both the same exact codes in my old 2013 JK two years ago. It would also trigger limp mode when the codes were thrown. My solution didn’t necessarily align with the codes but it worked by partnering with a local tech. We seafoamed twice with maybe 100 miles between treatments and I calibrated for 35s which had never been done previously. I drove that Jeep another 10-12k miles before selling it and it never happened again. Might sound weird but just wanted to throw it out there.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airborne72
I threw both the same exact codes in my old 2013 JK two years ago. It would also trigger limp mode when the codes were thrown. My solution didn’t necessarily align with the codes but it worked by partnering with a local tech. We seafoamed twice with maybe 100 miles between treatments and I calibrated for 35s which had never been done previously. I drove that Jeep another 10-12k miles before selling it and it never happened again. Might sound weird but just wanted to throw it out there.
how did you Seafom it? Into the intake or in the gas tank? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

AAPL did you get this problem described in the OP fixed?
Old 03-05-2021, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

4 posts and gone! Well a lot of good info being shared here. Thankful my 08 has been running strong with only 107K, I’ll bank this info and hopefully never have to cash it in. This forum is a wealth of knowledge for which I am very thankful!
Old 01-02-2023, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nonblonde1983
I have a 2013 JK that off and on has done the same thing for the last 3 years. I replaced my Transmission at 104k miles, trans pump, torque convertor. Replaced all of my cam and crank shaft sensors. Service engine light would go off and then the minute I was driving against the wind or up a hill it would do the same thing. I could pull over turn jeep off, wait a few minutes and the TCS light would still be on but I would have power back. I have read on other threads and forums that if you have different size tires on the Jeep that could cause the issue and to program the Jeep to the tire size. I bought a programmer and then my engine went at 198k miles. Just replaced my engine, have not seen the issue again yet (knock on wood).
Hi. Have you had the issue again since replacing the engine?
Old 01-31-2023, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem, spent a lot of money on my 2013 JK, I changed two dealers and spent plenty of time on the forums, nothing helped. When I get desperate, my friend recommends to me his favorite dealer, Wallwork. They found the problem right away and fixed it for less than $1k. Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to your car, my advice is to find a nice dealer in your city. Hope you'll solve your problem soon

Quick Reply: I'm $13k in and still unresolved, please help!