Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ideas for Behind Rear Seat Light?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard of that before as well. Except that someone was saying that it was on a jeep Cherokee and it was the same thing a treble light. Sounds real cool and useful. Its a shame that things like that fade out and aren't original equipment anymore.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tomarrow when I get home from work I will snap a photo of one and post it here, I think I still have two new ones in the garage. (sorry not for sale)

They can be found new and used on e-bay. Like I said I will post a photo or two tomarrow night.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

I had one of those trouble lights on my cherokee. It was absolutely functional, but not something I would want to see in the interior. I'm going by memory, but it was kinda big for the interior. Roughly 8x8 & 2" thick. Also the light sort of reminded me of the plastic containers that the gumball machines use. It did have a long auto retracting cord & a magnet on the bulb side.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

do you think you could tap the mini spot light into the dome light?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a pair of lights that are magnetic, they also come with velcro. They were just a couple of bucks from wal-mart. i read about them in another post. Each light has three very bright white LEDs. I have one on my tailgate and one under the hood, on the vertical near the air intake-if I need it i will move it to the hood. They are great, inexpensive, and mobile!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sounds easy. is it like a tap light that uses batteries?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Cool Lights

I was thinking the same thing about the lack of light in the cargo area. I went to an online auction and bought a bunch of LEDs that I am installing around the rim of the area, and connecting it to a switch panel that I bought at an online auction... I thinkg it will put out more than enough light, and when the swingate is open, I should have light outside for stuff if I need it.

Quick Reply: Ideas for Behind Rear Seat Light?