Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

idea for turn signal

Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idea for turn signal

Click image for larger version

Name:	turn light.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	400445Click image for larger version

Name:	flexled.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	400446I would like to have a turn signal mounted on the side of my jeep. I have seen the side marker mod but i want something that is a more visible from the whole side of the jeep. Here is my Idea, i would wire the FLex LED to the front marker light and mount it under the cowl next to the mirror. please comment.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ludo
Attachment 400445Attachment 400446I would like to have a turn signal mounted on the side of my jeep. I have seen the side marker mod but i want something that is a more visible from the whole side of the jeep. Here is my Idea, i would wire the FLex LED to the front marker light and mount it under the cowl next to the mirror. please comment.
I like it and after completing the marker mod I was thinking of doing the same but in the wing mirrors. Maybe just 2 or 3 led dots in amber on each mirror...could be easily drilled then snapped in. Make sure you post pics if you do it...same here.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

It sounds like a good idea to me - never thought of this before. Post some pics/write up if you end up doing it.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Basically what your wanting to do is what is known as euro turn and marker lamps. You can buy small ones from tuner shops or auto stores. I don't recommend using the led strips due to they will dis color over a period of time and the wiring comes out of the end of the led and not out the back. I did a set of markers on my older TJ if I can locate pics I will post up. They come on them in the UK.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did some investigating and found these......which is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Gotta love the internet!
Rugged Ridge 11002.15 - Rugged Ridge Driver Side Replacement Mirror with Turn Signal in Black for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Quick Reply: idea for turn signal