Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

i have a question about my keyless entry

Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a question about my keyless entry

everynight before i head in i always set my alarm and walk around my jeep and unlock all the doors with my key in the hopes that someone who wants in will try my door find its open and set my alarm off before going as far as cutting my top...well thats the idea anyway,,,but i month or so ago i saw a thread about different button combonations on the remote to do things like keep the headlights off when you unlock the jeep and i was wondering if 1.someone might have the link to that thread and 2.if anyone might no a way for me to hit my lock button and set my alarm without locking my doors and tailgate
thanks in advance evrybody,
Justin
Old 11-12-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Subscribed
Old 11-13-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

Bump for a new day.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

The headlight off switch can be found by clicking thru The personalized settings in the EVIC.

I don't see how the factory alarm could be set without also locking the doors.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NoFunRich
The headlight off switch can be found by clicking thru The personalized settings in the EVIC.

I don't see how the factory alarm could be set without also locking the doors.
Rich - I am not 100% sure what the EVIC is but, if it is the computer under the gauges or on the MYGIG. I don't have it. I have the base stereo and therefore, no way of doing it(unless someone knows otherwise). Of course I could just get the dealership to do it for me.

Quick Reply: i have a question about my keyless entry