Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

I Hate the daystar panel...Want to try something else..

Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
no, not in this thread you didnt. i checked.
Well maybe I'm imaginin things....or there's another thread about this same thing? I know I left one somewhere. If it wasn't here...sorry bout that. My bad.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Well maybe I'm imaginin things....or there's another thread about this same thing? I know I left one somewhere. If it wasn't here...sorry bout that. My bad.

There may well be, a lot of people where excited about this, myself included. I didnt check other threads, i was only refering to this one.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drill the current lower panel. I did this for my lights. I can probably get 3 rockers in there, and there is NO way my shifter will hit them. It's a bit tight though. I'm doing a writeup on my RR light bar which will include some pictures of the setup.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 3 sets of KC's already wired up. One set is replacing the factory fogs, the other two i have switches in the dash behind the blinker stalk. I have tons of room for more switches, that isnt the issue for me. I have an auto, so the daystar panel would work just fine (and i have a brand new one sitting in my basement) i just dont need it right now. when i get around to a winch & onboard air then i will install it.

What i was looking at this for was an ease of wiring/clean installation option for adding more accesories in the future, regardless of where they stuck the switches. The switch panel is nice, but to me just a minor part of the whole idea.

I like the looks of it, but not the price point. I am capable of doing my own relay box/wiring but was willing to pay a little to not have to, but i am NOT going to pay that.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

I like this but you guys are right its wat to much money.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's about $400 overpriced!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

so does anyone on here have a cooltech they want to sell?

Quick Reply: I Hate the daystar panel...Want to try something else..