Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HU Problem ... maybe?

Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HU Problem ... maybe?

So I recently changed out my stock HU for a JVC KW-NT50HDT and used the PAC C2R-CHY4 adapter. Now when I try to fade the volume to the rear I get no audio, and when the little magic lady is supposed to give me audio directions she doesn't. The HU still mutes the music like it's supposed to do, but I get no audio. I was wondering if maybe it was a problem with the adapter or maybe the problem could be found in the stock amp? I did have the factory sub but that has since been removed in favor of two Kicker L7S8's.

Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: I get audio through the rear when speakers when I have the fade balanced, but not when it is faded all the way to the rear. However I do not get audio from the navigation unit at all.

Edit Edit: I am wondering if this is my problem, maybe they just installed all of this wrong. From the install paper of the PAC adapter ...

"The factory amplier only accepts two audio channels (left and right). The amplier’s fading is controlled by data communication from the factory radio. The aftermarket radio does not have the ability to control the amplier’s fader. Connect the front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the 22 pin radio connect"

Last edited by Imrahil; 09-15-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

It sounds to me like they used the wrong wiring harness. Take it back and have them check it. They should have tested it before you left

Quick Reply: HU Problem ... maybe?