Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How to Hook Up Hella 500ff's to High Beam Trigger

Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work !!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with Hella and they said that either the blue or black wire could be used to power the lights. I have read other posts where people stated the black wire(to the lights) worked perfectly. So I guess in theory everyone is correct on this thread lol. The black wire can be either be hooked to the lights or the ground.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LittlEvil
Just got off the phone with Hella and they said that either the blue or black wire could be used to power the lights. I have read other posts where people stated the black wire(to the lights) worked perfectly. So I guess in theory everyone is correct on this thread lol. The black wire can be either be hooked to the lights or the ground.
I just finished an install yesterday, and while you may be able to power with either the blue or black wire (although I did not test this), the Hella harness is setup to power from black. The blue is just long enough to reach a ground on the bumper. Also, the ground for the relay is also blue. While I don't agree with the color scheme, might as well keep it consistent if you are going to use the Hella harness.
JMHO

Quick Reply: How to Hook Up Hella 500ff's to High Beam Trigger