Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How to Hook Up Hella 500ff's to High Beam Trigger

Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by swanni06
Um no, as I stated earlier the blue are the + on the actual lights and the black is the ground.The diagram you posted are for a totaly different set of hellas.I just wired a set of hella 500's the other day.

The black from the relay goes to the blue for the +, as for the - you have to ground them yourself.I used extra length off the black wire from the relay and run the grounds off the actual lights to the ground stud on the hood.

The yellow is the hot from the relay,the red goes to the battery and the green I hooked into the heated seats fuse then to the dash switch(which he doesn`t want to use.

Also as I mentioned earlier ,run the yellow to the highbeam wire on your headlamp seeing you don`t want to use the inboard switch so no need for the green.
I wasnt saying anyone was wrong, just to be careful and watch the colors/diagrams.

I was refering in part to my diagram. the wire colors i have shown in mine where off of KC's and need to be adjusted accordingly for whatever kit is being used.

I dont know what Hella uses by personal experience as i have never wired a set, the only info i have is what i found online, and the pdf i gave reference to, directly from Hella.

If yours are different than that, then Hella needs to do something about thier downloads, as the one i gave reference to is supposedly for 500/550 applications.

I just didnt want anyone wiring by color without reviewing the diagrams first, and believe me that DOES happen. A lot.

That damn smoke is very difficult & expensive to put back into the electronics once you let it out.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I wasnt saying anyone was wrong, just to be careful and watch the colors/diagrams.

I was refering in part to my diagram. the wire colors i have shown in mine where off of KC's and need to be adjusted accordingly for whatever kit is being used.

I dont know what Hella uses by personal experience as i have never wired a set, the only info i have is what i found online, and the pdf i gave reference to, directly from Hella.

If yours are different than that, then Hella needs to do something about thier downloads, as the one i gave reference to is supposedly for 500/550 applications.

I just didnt want anyone wiring by color without reviewing the diagrams first, and believe me that DOES happen. A lot.

That damn smoke is very difficult & expensive to put back into the electronics once you let it out.
no biggie ,ruff day ...shouldn`t have taken your post the way I did.I have read others on here saying the same as me and YES Hella needs to redo their wireing diagrams. Sorry for the pissy reply.I just wired up a set of the 500ff's and thats how I wired mine..hope mine doesn`t go up in smoke!!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

Screw um, man. You gave um your best. Let um argue. Let um smoke their whole Jeep up. I'm bout tired of all these little snot nosed know it alls on here. Let um burn their shit to the ground. Mine and yours will be fine.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Screw um, man. You gave um your best. Let um argue. Let um smoke their whole Jeep up. I'm bout tired of all these little snot nosed know it alls on here. Let um burn their shit to the ground. Mine and yours will be fine.
lol wow

Last edited by swanni06; 03-23-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

hey all, finished the install, just need to find a permanent/waterproof home for the grounds. Will post pics when finished. Does anybody know.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Here is a picture of the final product, I think it looks great. Thanks guys could not have done it without your help.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don`t see a pic how did you end up wireing them up?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

I hope that these pics are clear. I wound up wiring them by tapping into the high beam wire and completely bypassing a switch. the installation was a bit nerve racking, but wound up being pretty clean and straight forward.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vanheylin
I hope that these pics are clear. I wound up wiring them by tapping into the high beam wire and completely bypassing a switch. the installation was a bit nerve racking, but wound up being pretty clean and straight forward.

lol wow thats a big pic lol did you use the yellow into the high beam wire? I have those same lights..I like them but now want brighter!!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

yes, I used the yellow into the highbeam... sorry, i know they are huuugge pics. they are almost life sized.

Quick Reply: How to Hook Up Hella 500ff's to High Beam Trigger