Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How to hook up amp and sub to factory infinity stereo system?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to hook up amp and sub to factory infinity stereo system?

What's a good box to use for either 1 ten in. Sub or 2 tens? Also what wires do I need too hook up since I already have a factory sub? I don't think I'll use it tho? Thanks in advance
Old 12-30-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can use a line out converter off the stock sub wiring...it really doesn't produce distortion from stock Infinity amp signal like you would get in other systems (maybe because it's so weak?). If you get one with a remote trigger, you can power on/off your sub amp with the system to save your battery. Sorry, no box recommendation as I used the stock sub enclosure with a JL 8W1V2-4 and it fits and sounds good for the music I listen to.

Last edited by ShakyJake; 12-30-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the same thing shakeyjake used for my 2-10's and it sounds great running the power wire from the battery to the back was the hardest part...keeping it away from the running gear and away from areas mud,rocks and tree branches can get into!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

You have to hook up the line-out converter after the factory amp to get the best sound quality...other wise it is muffled...good luck
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
I used the stock sub enclosure with a JL 8W1V2-4 and it fits and sounds good for the music I listen to.
What amp are you using and is it an improvement over the stock sub? I was looking at the 8W3V3 or a RF P2D2-8 in the stock enclosure using a spacer if needed.

Quick Reply: How to hook up amp and sub to factory infinity stereo system?