Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How Do You Change Shrockworks Back-up Light Bulb?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Wow - everyone I know who has changed out their bulb(s) has had to remove the bumper. You have any "action" pics illustrating this approach?

Here is the flat 10mm wrench. Just loosen the bolt, swivel the light around, and access the bulb in the back (which is now facing you). By the way, the rust on the bumper is from my high lift jack above dripping down, not from the bumper rusting through.

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	233982
Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 86CJ-07RUBI
Here is the flat 10mm wrench. Just loosen the bolt, swivel the light around, and access the bulb in the back (which is now facing you). By the way, the rust on the bumper is from my high lift jack above dripping down, not from the bumper rusting through.

Attachment 233982
YOU ARE THE MAN!! I was just about to give up and remove the bumper when I ran across your thread. You saved me hours of work - thank you.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Titaniumman
YOU ARE THE MAN!! I was just about to give up and remove the bumper when I ran across your thread. You saved me hours of work - thank you.
I did a little write-up on changing the bulbs here ----->> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...bumper-266381/

Big kudos to 86CJ-07RUBI for this awesome time saving idea.

Quick Reply: How Do You Change Shrockworks Back-up Light Bulb?