Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How to connect multiple accessories to battery?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Guys- where are you getting your wires through the firewall? Thanks.
Open the hood. Remove the cover plate from the left or the right side (or both) of your dashboard. Now look in the upper left or right corner of the firewall toward the hood. You will see a small hole with a yellow center. That yellow stuff is soft foam. Take a long phillips screwdriver and run it through the hole. It will come out on the other side below the lower Windshield corner, past the firewall, under the round cowl cover. If you need pics, let me know. That is the best,easiest and cleanest way I found. When you're done running your wires, you can put a dab of caulk over it to seal it off from the engine bay again.

Last edited by eumel789; 08-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed the terminals from Quadratec a couple of weeks ago when I was adding a set of KC long range lamps onto my battery that already had an amp and another set of lights running to it. I agree, $35 seemed a bit much for a couple of simple terminals with a distro block attached to them, but they're quite handy and made it very convenient to simply add a number of ring terminals right to their own designated post.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link to a detailed guide on getting power through the firewall.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...l-hole-150674/
Old 08-11-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

I also used the BlueSea fuse block.i first installed it in my LR D2.it was under the steering wheel next to the factory fuse block

i now have it installed behind the glove box.
the bracket i made for it to mount on

the inline fuse thru the fire wall

I'm not going to need all 12 spots like i did on my Discovery.so it might be overkill.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you tell me more about the mounting plate you made? Did you mount the box to the back of the glovebox itself, or back in there after you took the glovebox out. I just ordered two 6 tap Blue Seas (one will be constant live and the other will be switched to the ignition) and I'm trying to figure out where to mount them. I'd prefer both inside behind the dash. Thoughts? Thanks.

Quick Reply: How to connect multiple accessories to battery?