Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

horn not working after rain

Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horn not working after rain

Yesterday evening it poured down rain into the jeep... at 3:20am my roommates and I were rudely awakened to my horn going off randomly. I figured it was some kid being a punk.... this morning I went out and tried the horn and it doesn't work. I figure it sorted out bc of the rain. Has anyone had this problem? Any solutions? Thanks!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I want in on this too...

...just poured here in WhoDeyVille as I sat for the last few hours at a local establishment having a couple of adult sodas. When I got in the Jeep to leave a couple of hours ago, I had 3" of water in the cup holders, so you can imagine what the footwells looked like. Pulled the drain plugs and drove home. Horn just did the same thing. Turned the key to start it, tried honking the horn myself, and nothing.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I assume you had the roof down. If so, they only thing in the horn circuit that could have been affected is the clockspring behind your steering wheel. Those things seem to go bad left and right.

Quick Reply: horn not working after rain