Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Horn issue/problem

Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horn issue/problem

Ok, so about 15 min ago (5:45 am) my '07 sahara horn just sounded for about 20-30 seconds. So I went down and pulled both horn fuses. Ive just been searching other threads on this issue since I'm up anyway and have found a few.

But here's the thing... They all point to water. Top off, doors off, rain, giant puddles, thunderstorm, etc, etc. We have had NO rain here. Snow 2 weeks ago and maybe a drizzle last week. But nothing major. And my top/doors haven been off for months. No water has gotten into the jeep.

It's too early to run some tests, gotta leave for work soon, and it will be dark by the time I get home. So no diagnosing until the weekend.

Edit: I put the fuses back in when I got to work.. I'll see what happens.

Is this just some computer glitch? Any other non-wet JK's have this issue?

Last edited by Ario56; 01-06-2011 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Put fuses back in 6:50
Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

my horn did the same thing off and on this past summer. My jeep had definitely been rained in pretty good before it happened. I fought it back and forth about a month before pulling my two fuses. The final straw happened one afternoon when I turned into my neighborhood. My horn blew the entire time until I pulled in the driveway. The fuses are still in my cup holders.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheKid25
My jeep had definitely been rained in pretty good before it happend
Thanks for your reply, but I've had no water.

Fuses were in all day and no random honking.
Anyway... I went to see my buddy at the Jeep dealer and discussed with him my woes. He thought it was weird and hasn't heard of it before. But when I told him that I had some random stalling issue while driving to work the other day (acted like I shut the key off and on again real quick) he said that's a TIPM issue, and the horn runs through/off of the TIPM. So a re-flash will be needed. I guess that's that.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Just happened again today.... It sat all weekend, I drove it a little bit before. Parked it, a few hours later: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. What the hell?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have went through 2
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

I had a similar problem when i was in san diego NO RAIN NO WATER I had rerouted lines for my KC high lights and when i pulled the fuses nothing so it was actually a short in the line where they came into the body, no problems after it was taped up. so you might have a short
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

You have to remove the plastic cap of the steering.

There are 4 switches for the horn. Put oil on the 4 switches. I fixed mine doing that
Old 02-04-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

My stop working. Before it sounded like it was dying.

The dealer order some parts (sterring wheel electric parts) We will found out next week if they fix it.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Just an update...
I had the dealership to the TIPM reflash a few months ago for the "hot oil" warning. I forgot all about my horn fuses until a couple of weeks ago. But it hasn't randomly honked since i put them back in. I'm hoping the reflash fixed it.

Just figured i'd throw this out there to anyone else who may come across this issue.

Quick Reply: Horn issue/problem