Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HitchCAM

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HitchCAM

Has anyone installed the HitchCAM rear view camera system to their JK?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Ordered my camera today. I am getting ready to install one similar to the pictures below:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/rear-camera-mount-project-finished-6407/

I have the same head unit as Simon does on page 3. I am just going to mount mine down low so I can use it to hook up my trailer.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
Ordered my camera today. I am getting ready to install one similar to the pictures below:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6407

I have the same head unit as Simon does on page 3. I am just going to mount mine down low so I can use it to hook up my trailer.
Yeah, I've read that write-up by DBB888! It was great, but I'm not sure I'm up to anymore wiring, at least not for a while (I recently did the DVD monitor one and that was enough for me!). The HitchCAM looked interesting so I wondered if anyone has used it.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FzyPchz
Has anyone installed the HitchCAM rear view camera system to their JK?
Be careful you don't drag your trailer hitch across the ground or on a rock while driving off-road. I don't have any experience with the hitch cam, but I have snapped other plastic doodads mounted in the trailer hitch to pieces while driving off-road.

-Glen