Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HidX or visionX hid?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HidX or visionX hid?

Hi there,

Which company makes a better, more durable/long lasting hid? Hidx or vision x hid?

Thanks!

Sean
Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sringer
Hi there,

Which company makes a better, more durable/long lasting hid? Hidx or vision x hid?

Thanks!

Sean
Anyone have experience with these besides riptide?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have visionx hid euros 6500s and a visionx led light bar. Both work great. I am the third owner since they were installed on my 08. I had one of the hid's quit working. I called them up and they asked me to send both in. I paid for shipping both ways but they completely rebuilt, cleaned, repaired, intensity matched etc on both lights free of charge and did it very quickly. My vote is for visionx. Awesome lights and outstanding customer service.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm......hmmm. Are they blue er or white er?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

No experience with visionx, but love my 5 HIDx/RR. I've had the three on my bumper submerged and no issues.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
No experience with visionx, but love my 5 HIDx/RR. I've had the three on my bumper submerged and no issues.
Perfect! That's exactly what I wanna hear three 7" hidx are going on my arb deluxe. Then maybe 2 nine" visionx on top of the bull bar
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vision x and hidx are the same light. I got my vision x 4" hid lights at autozone. They are EXACTLY the sane as my buddy's 4" HIDx lights. They also had them in 7" at autozone.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by highoctane
Vision x and hidx are the same light. I got my vision x 4" hid lights at autozone. They are EXACTLY the sane as my buddy's 4" HIDx lights. They also had them in 7" at autozone.
Hmm...interesting. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
I call BS on this one.

Looking on Vision X's website, I see no 4" HID lights that are even remotely similar to a HIDx or RR light. The difference between my 8.7" 8500s and the 7" RR lights (which is the exact same as HIDx) are very noticeable. Looking at their 6.7" lights, they look the exact same as my 8.7" just smaller. There's no way they're the same light.

Vision X also has dealers all over the place. Somehow I managed to break the lens of my Vision X light the other day (no clue how, but it wasn't on the JK). Sent them an email last night, and received a call from a dealer in Edmonton just now. They'll ship a new reflector & lens to me. Cost... $80 plus shipping.
I'm about 90% sure that Vision x, HIDx, and Custom Accessories hid lights are all the same, and all manufactured by Custom Accessories, and relable by other names and marked up. My lights are the Custom Accessories 4" HID lights. They are the exact same as the HIDx 4" lights for less money. I thought mine were Vision X but I was wrong. Looking at the Vision X lights on my coworkers TRD Tacoma and the housing, lense, and entire design is the EXACT same as my 4" lights, just his are about 7", so they are prob the 6.7" ones on the Vision X webpage.

Custom Accessories - causa.com/store/catalog.asp?item=4066#

Vision X - visionxusa.com/HID-6500/c3_11/p23/6.7%22_ROUND_BLACK_35_WATT_HID_EURO_BEAM_LAMP/product_info.html

HIDx - trailduty.com/product_info.php?products_id=883

And I found them by Hella - trailduty.com/product_info.php?cPath=36_462&products_id=1163

All manufactured by Custom Accessories.

These should not be confused with the Rugged Ridge HID offroad lights. Those are a much lower quality reverse engineered overseas copy, and IMHO, should be avoided altogether.

Last edited by highoctane; 05-26-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm. Cool. Thanks!

Quick Reply: HidX or visionX hid?