Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HID Retrofit for stock headlights?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver
Not only will you regret it...every oncoming driver will absofreakinlutely regret it.

Inform yourself as to the proper ways to increase usable light output.

Don't be an asshat and throw HID junk in the stock housings.
Yes please, I wish I could repeat this all over this forum and and on every other forum on the internet.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkellington
Do you have any pics of your build? Did you use one of the Morimoto kits? I've been trying to determine whether there is direct swap in b-xenon solution for the wrangler, but I'm guessing this is as close as it comes? I'm such a noob.
Here is another forum members build on
his.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ds2-projectors
Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run drop in HIDs from DDMTuning in all of my vehicles. They last a long time and work well with nice color match!

I do recommend that you retrofit some projectors if you do any city driving. I live out in the sticks and when I do go downtown or whatnot, I do not get flashed. However, I do notice that there is enough glare from my headlights to be "annoying" , but not "dangerous" like some other drop in kits.

I get flashed maybe once every 3 months or so. I use Hella E-Code lens that are aimed lower than stock. I plan on either going back to Halogen or attacking a retrofit project myself if I ever move to a suburban area later on.

Here's a pic - notice not much glare from that side. However, on the other side it is glaring due to the high right cutoff on my lens.

Quick Reply: HID Retrofit for stock headlights?