Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HID Retrofit Mod w/ Morimoto Mini H1's

Old 08-19-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID Retrofit Mod w/ Morimoto Mini H1's

This is my first retrofit. After reading countless threads i think i will be able to do this. i bought two sets of cheap 7" headlights to be safe. i didnt want to use my factory headlights incase i wanted to switch back. i bought a set of Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1's with gattling gun shrouds.

heres some pictures of the headlights i will use. I will probably see which one the projectors fit better into. The black ones seem smaller and have a glass lens. the chrome ones are a little bigger and have a plastic lens.

here are the projectors i ordered from Retrofit Source

hopefully ill have time to start this weekend and ill be sure to post pictures of the process.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant wait to see how much was everything
whats the price list
Old 08-22-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Freak

Subscribed. Keep us posted on your progress. There are a lot of people looking to do something like this!

Rick.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gossamer
Subscribed. Keep us posted on your progress. There are a lot of people looking to do something like this!

Rick.
I've built about 50+ retrofit headlights for various Mopar vehicles over the last 3 years. I actually have my own aftermarket lighting business & know the guys over at The Retrofit Source quite well. Although i just picked up my Jeep last week, I'm already mapping out how/what im going to do. I'm trying to get away from doing retrofits so i can have more family time but let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help out.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mramos
i cant wait to see how much was everything
whats the price list
the h1 projectors were $150 for both witht the bulbs. i already had the wiring harness and the ballasts. and the housings were 30 bucks for both pairs. now i just need some free time to do the retrofit
Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randonizer
the h1 projectors were $150 for both witht the bulbs. i already had the wiring harness and the ballasts. and the housings were 30 bucks for both pairs. now i just need some free time to do the retrofit

how e/z is it to do this ?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dark-ness
30 bucks far both housings? Where did you get the black housings.. I want those.
K2 motors is where I got the black set. they come with a shitty set of blue h4 bulbs. The black headlights will not be bright at all if you use the bulbs that come with them. that's why I'm doing this retro with them
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Perfect timing!! My '12 JK Rubi is on order -- hopefully I'll get it before November -- and retrofitting the Morimoto Minis in was going to be my first major mod! Subscribed for sure ... question: Are D2S bulbs any better than the H1 bulbs when going with the Minis? I'm interested in how everything comes together so take a bunch of pictures!! I'm a technical writer so while I do mine I'm going to put a procedure together. Maybe we can work together on something to benefit the Forum.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed!

I've been wanting to put some projectors in but the cost is absurd for finished headlights so this would be perfect.

Quick Reply: HID Retrofit Mod w/ Morimoto Mini H1's