Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hid color v. Led color

Old 12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockroaster

Nope. Have actually gotten complimented on them. They still produce the dead stop line at top like there should be, and the light isn't that scattered. 100 percent improvement over stock.
Nice. I could probably put the. I'm the ipf housing then...still illegal tho. Screw it. I really like the look of jw...save up an go for them I think
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Come on half your jeep is probably illegal... And who said 6000K from the beginning?! hmmm!?!?!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
Come on half your jeep is probably illegal... And who said 6000K from the beginning?! hmmm!?!?!
My whole entire jeep is legal as of right now. Except when I har my stereo cranked....probably not legal. But no law against it. There is a clear law in mt stating hids may not be used unless coinciding with proper reflectors
Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sringer

My whole entire jeep is legal as of right now. Except when I har my stereo cranked....probably not legal. But no law against it. There is a clear law in mt stating hids may not be used unless coinciding with proper reflectors
Yeah many states from what I hear are like that. I just drove mine from north Carolina to Ohio at night... passed cops in all state with no issues though.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah many states from what I hear are like that. I just drove mine from north Carolina to Ohio at night... passed cops in all state with no issues though.
Hmm...good to know
Old 12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I think it is the real blue and purple ones that throw the red flags. Many vehicles come from the factory with hid's these days. The 6k will be fine
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I think it is the real blue and purple ones that throw the red flags. Many vehicles come from the factory with hid's these days. The 6k will be fine
If it doesn't have reflectors tho it's illegal
Old 12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sringer

If it doesn't have reflectors tho it's illegal
Brother I didn't do much but skim through the thread but I'm going to give you my thoughts. I have done a ton of different color temps with hid. My preference for the whitest light with no blue is 5k sometimes sold as 4800 and I would go down to 4200. That is the color range I like and the best for real visibility.

In my opinion my vision x pods are closer to my 6k hid's but with more punch and clarity. 8k and 6k in hid I'm not a fan of. I see lots of dudes with 8k+ running around up here and there is so little useable light in front of em it's a joke. Don't get me started on the illegal housings. The bigger bars and the rigid lights in general seem to lean more towards 5k.

I think you know what you want. If you want to be legal you can pretty well pay for the jw's with what it's gonna take to do hid. Due to the canbus I can promise you the hid's will give you more headaches. If you do go with either I suggest you hit up rallylights to get a harness to feed the lights a constant voltage and bypass the canbus.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ColdSRT

Brother I didn't do much but skim through the thread but I'm going to give you my thoughts. I have done a ton of different color temps with hid. My preference for the whitest light with no blue is 5k sometimes sold as 4800 and I would go down to 4200. That is the color range I like and the best for real visibility.

In my opinion my vision x pods are closer to my 6k hid's but with more punch and clarity. 8k and 6k in hid I'm not a fan of. I see lots of dudes with 8k+ running around up here and there is so little useable light in front of em it's a joke. Don't get me started on the illegal housings. The bigger bars and the rigid lights in general seem to lean more towards 5k.

I think you know what you want. If you want to be legal you can pretty well pay for the jw's with what it's gonna take to do hid. Due to the canbus I can promise you the hid's will give you more headaches. If you do go with either I suggest you hit up rallylights to get a harness to feed the lights a constant voltage and bypass the canbus.
I decided i for sure am doing jws
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Ordered some jw's the other day. I'll post up when the come in. I'll compare to hids

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.427010,-114.346989
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Verizon 3G

Quick Reply: Hid color v. Led color