Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP Mygig won't turn on!!

Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Mygig won't turn on!!

So the other day I noticed that my battery terminals were pretty corroded so today I had some time opened the hood and disco'd the battery to clean everything up and replace the battery. Installed the new battery got in the jeep to drive home and the mygig won't turn on. It does nothing, no jeep logo nothing at all.

2008 Jeep Sahara-U with Mygig RER (from the factory) and a Lockpick.

I've been using the lockpick since December with no issues at all. I am wondering though if I need to remove it since I probably reset the computer by disco'ing the battery, then re-install? Anythoughts are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

That sucks. I have no idea what caused it. I replaced a battery in mine once but did nothing to my mygig. I do not use the lockpick though. I think you're on to something about needing to uninstall it though. Good luck! Hopefully someone will chime in with the correct thing to do.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Unplug the power in the back of mygig. Wait a few seconds then plug it in again. That happened to mine and it worked. I have lock pick too
Old 07-25-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Well is it fixed yet ???
Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this exact same issue. I unplugged the back of my lock pick and still nothing. It will still allow for DVD in motion but all other lock pick features are disabled and ot doesn't say VES on my screen or give me any of those options.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Drazen23M
I had this exact same issue. I unplugged the back of my lock pick and still nothing. It will still allow for DVD in motion but all other lock pick features are disabled and ot doesn't say VES on my screen or give me any of those options.
Pull the I believe off the top of my head the j22 fuse under the hood then put it back in. Its a big yellow fuse if i remember correctly. Seriously ,this always works !
Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am going ton try this right now if this works this will be huge. Thanks a million!
Old 11-25-2019, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dead radio

Originally Posted by trick50
So the other day I noticed that my battery terminals were pretty corroded so today I had some time opened the hood and disco'd the battery to clean everything up and replace the battery. Installed the new battery got in the jeep to drive home and the mygig won't turn on. It does nothing, no jeep logo nothing at all.

2008 Jeep Sahara-U with Mygig RER (from the factory) and a Lockpick.

I've been using the lockpick since December with no issues at all. I am wondering though if I need to remove it since I probably reset the computer by disco'ing the battery, then re-install? Anythoughts are greatly appreciated.
disco'd the battery to clean everything up and replace the battery. Installed the new battery got in the jeep to drive home and the mygig won't turn on. It does nothing, no jeep logo nothing at all.
Did you ever find the issue, i have that same problem.

Quick Reply: HELP Mygig won't turn on!!