Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

help with mygig

Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with mygig

hey there i just recently bought the mygig and i hooked it up tonight and for some reason everytime i start the jeep the mygig opens its very annoying anyone know what i might of done wrong? thanks.. also when i was taking the panels off a metal clip fell off anyone have any idea of where to get those?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the opening issue but the metal clip is most likely from the top dash panel. There are two metal clips that are pressed onto the plastic tabs that snap it into the dash in the back. Take your top panel off and see if one is missing.

Try resetting the unit by taking off the negative battery cable and turning your lights on for a couple minutes. Turning the lights on will drain the residual power from any capacitors in the system.

Quick Reply: help with mygig