Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! Multifunction Control Lever and Washer Control Lever Unresponsive

Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help! Multifunction Control Lever and Washer Control Lever Unresponsive

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction. The lever that controls the lights and the other lever that controls the wipers are unresponsive. My headlights remain on regardless if I have them set to off and my wipers are constantly on regardless if I have them set to off. Everything else that is controlled by these levers are also unresponsive, so if I try to use the washer fluid or rear wiper, or high beams, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

-Josh
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Have you checked to see if any codes are set?

All those items communicate over the can-bus.
The headlights are on because they default to on if bus communication is lost.
The wipers should default to off, on the next ignition cycle. If they are on every time you start the Jeep, that's a mystery.
The first and most easy thing to try is disconnect the battery negative terminal for a few minutes, then reconnect and see if things are back to normal.

If that doesn't work, only the dealer scan tool can troubleshoot the can-bus system.

Replacing the TIPM has fixed such things for others whose Jeeps have exhibited crazy behavior.

Last edited by ronjenx; 02-15-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling, puncuation, grammar, the whole works. It's late!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting worked. Thank you. Glad I'm not looking like a fool anymore with my wipers going and no rain.

Quick Reply: Help! Multifunction Control Lever and Washer Control Lever Unresponsive