Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help me save $440 for other mods! RI Dually D2 Install (fog lights and windshield)

Old 06-09-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me save $440 for other mods! RI Dually D2 Install (fog lights and windshield)

Hello all! I was quoted $440 to have my D2 driving lights and windshield mounted lD2 wide beam ights installed. I'd "like" to save this money for other mods, but I need some help.

Here's what I want...

I have a Smittybilt XRC bumper on my '12 JKU that I would like to hook up the D2 driving lights using the factory fog light wiring.

For the windshield mounts, I have the BDF brackets. I'd like to run wiring inside to the drivers side A-pillar where I want to mount a Plasmaglow LED activator switch (on/off ver).

Can you point me to some good write ups or share your experience?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

This should help get you started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rczal0pz6g
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by N0SL3N
This should help get you started
Thanks N0SL3N.

Anyone have experience installing these?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 PM
JK Junkie

Just type in Rigid Lights in the search bar and you will find dozens of threads explaining what you need or Just go to the https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...nd-systems-13/ thread and start looking there. Not trying to be a dick but the information is out there, you just need to know where to look
Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put his name out there for him a lot lol. sorry brother... But hit hit Stillnutz, he's in hawaii too nad he's always done to install parts! The rigid lights are straight forward and super easy due too the low amp draw.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Just type in Rigid Lights in the search bar and you will find dozens of threads explaining what you need or Just go to the https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...nd-systems-13/ thread and start looking there. Not trying to be a dick but the information is out there, you just need to know where to look

Thanks Dick! j/k

I'be searched for detailed write-ups here and project jk, but I'll give it another shot.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by YETI-09
I put his name out there for him a lot lol. sorry brother... But hit hit Stillnutz, he's in hawaii too nad he's always done to install parts! The rigid lights are straight forward and super easy due too the low amp draw.
Thanks Yeti! If I need help I'll give him a shout.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Did you ever find the information you were looking for? I'm wanting to do the same thing. Taking my time looking around for more info.

Quick Reply: Help me save $440 for other mods! RI Dually D2 Install (fog lights and windshield)