Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help me pick some headlights.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded my '12 JKU to IPFs with HIDs and couldn't be happier. The cutoff is nice and crisp, they light up the road FULL WIDTH, and they don't blind anyone. Actually, they are perfect. When I am behind a sedan, I hit the top of their trunk, not even into the interior. When I am approaching, it is NOT blinding at all. Worth every penny. I did H4 lowbeam only, because the "bixenon" bulbs constantly break the highbeam mechanism (cheap chinese crap) but will wire my bumper auxiliaries to flash with highbeams.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a pair of silverstar bulbs off eBay for 12$ shipped, figure it's a good start!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by C2U5H
Daniel Stern for Cibie reflectors and Osram H4 bulbs with a relay harness from Susquehanna MotorSports. Do it right the first time.

Or get the Hella package from Susquehanna MotorSports with the harness. The Hellas throw more light in the middle of the road compared to the Cibies -- which spread the light onto the sides more -- but you save some money with the Hellas.

I went with the Susquehanna setup the Hella E-codes and wiring harness running 100/55 bulbs. I love them. Plus my friend ordered from the other person within a couple days of me before thanksgiving. I've been runnig my setup for 2 weeks, he's still waiting on his. This is the second time i've ran e-codes and I love the cut off pattern they produce, you can really aim them well without blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok, where do I get this setup.... I am sure they are not JK specific and I do not want to get the wrong one.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a tough one! I wanted better lights, but i wanted a setup that wasn't obnoxiously bright that would piss off other drivers. I went with the silverstar upgrades, which made a noticeable difference with no effort and a fairly good price. I like them because they're the cool blue and it goes well with the color of my jeep. I also put in a set of windshield mounts and spotlights. All together i find it works out great. Each of my lights are stacked when they're on. You see the fog lights on the bottom, the low beams/high beams right in the middle, and the spotlights shine out just above those. When i hit any trails, the spread is fantastic. I get a full view of everything at night, and it still looks pretty clean and factory. I'd have to take some pictures later but i can if you want an idea of what it looks like. I'm trying to keep things pretty well under budget. The spotlights are amazing for the money, 100 watts a piece, i picked up each one for about 25 bucks through work, they're made by grote, but they're exactly the same as the kc daylighters.

Quick Reply: Help me pick some headlights.