Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help - Led Headlights Wiring Problem

Old 07-15-2015, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Led Headlights Wiring Problem

I bought some jeep headlights off eBay (yes they are offbrand) for $299 and Im having trouble with the wiring. I haven't wire any of the three yellow wire relays because I have no idea what Vcc+ is. The headlights work and so do the halo. The turn signal I have not set up yet because I don't know how. But the problem I'm having is, is that the halo stay on.... They're draining from my battery as my jeep is off and I think its because I haven't wired the yellow relay to the headlight vcc+? Help please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0321.JPG
Views:	2178
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	618025
Old 07-15-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'm thinking you want the halo on with the marker lights ? I'm ASSuming vcc+ should be switch controlled . I would tap into the marker lights in the grill sinse there 's a relay . i'm thinking the single wire is the halo supply 12v . thats what i would do.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would read that as simply meaning positive voltage wire. The turn/marker lights have 2 different 12V wires; one for marker and one for directional. As tazz said, I would use the marker. The third yellow appears to go to either headlight positive.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I would read that as simply meaning positive voltage wire. The turn/marker lights have 2 different 12V wires; one for marker and one for directional. As tazz said, I would use the marker. The third yellow appears to go to either headlight positive.
How do I "tap" into the wire?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

You can either...

1. Cut the oem wire where you want to tap and then solder all 3 ends together and heat shrink, or

2. Strip the insulation off the oem wire for about .5" and wrap then solder the new wire to it (have to tape it as you can't slide the heat shrink onto it), or

3. Use a quick tap or similar which a lot of people hate but I use them occasionally.

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Splice-C.../dp/B003L9G6FU

And remember, it's always a good idea to test everything before making the final install.

Last edited by 14Sport; 07-16-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You can either...

1. Cut the oem wire where you want to tap and then solder all 3 ends together and heat shrink, or

2. Strip the insulation off the oem wire for about .5" and wrap then solder the new wire to it (have to tape it as you can't slide the heat shrink onto it), or

3. Use a quick tap or similar which a lot of people hate but I use them occasionally.

Amazon.com: Quick Splice Wire Tap Connector 22-18 Gauge (Red) - 100 Pack: Automotive
Do you happen to know what color the wire is?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jaharper11
Do you happen to know what color the wire is?
Well I tapped the high beam wire as you can see in the pic so the headlight wire should be the white/orange. This is the passenger side. No idea on the markers. If you have a tester then just put on one of the directionals and probe the wires one by one.

Last edited by 14Sport; 07-16-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

^ what he said. I always test all my wires no matter what the instructions do/don't say.

Quick Reply: Help - Led Headlights Wiring Problem