Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help fixing my Ridgid windshield lights (Aesthetics)

Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Help fixing my Ridgid windshield lights (Aesthetics)

Well after numerous emails to Ridgid asking if these lights really looked like they were "ridgid" and not getting a response, I guess I will have to try and fix these myself. Any ideas on what spray paint I should use. I guess I am looking for something that has some bulk to it since parts of the front frame have chipped off. Maybe I will also have to do multiple coats? Any advice on what to buy. I guess anything would look better than their current condition. Ohh yea, the vehicle is garaged for about 4-5 months a year and I live in So Cal. I hate spending good money on these products and see them end up like this. Maybe some fading but this really bothers me.

I also have the KC windshield brackets. They are rusting where the bolts connect. You can kind of see it in the pictures. I have made a rubber gasket for the underside so it does not ruin my paint job but I'd like to hear recommendations to fix the brackets also. I was just thinking about wire wheel brushing the rust away but once again what do I spray with? Trying to keep everything as dark black as possible.

Thanks for the help. Pictures below.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pics aren't showing up for me but I would recommend a satin black finish. Yes to the wire wheel, use a good primer, and then some enamel paint (ideally). It's a tougher paint that 'should' last a while.

I had a light bar "bronze" on me so I sprayed it with rusto satin black and haven't had any further issues.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, not to be an ass, but Ridgid makes tools. Rigid Industries makes LED lights. If you email Ridgid, they probably just ignore you.

Rigid LED's have a lifetime warrantee. My dualies had a few cips in the powder coat and had faded considerably. I contacted them via email, had a RA that day and within 2 weeks had a brand new set of lights and all new hardware.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I sat use truck bed liner for the brackets and for the light u used high tell engine paint on mine....but i also after with Dave above.....are u emailing ridgid or rigid?

Sent from my obama listening device
Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I sat use truck bed liner for the brackets and for the light u used high tell engine paint on mine....but i also after with Dave above.....are u emailing ridgid or rigid?

Sent from my obama listening device
Lol I was laughing about this going through the drive through when I read it. Sorry about the spelling error. I did get them confused for my post (I know I know bad joke) but I've been emailing the correct company. I promise. But if anyone has a contact besides their general contact information email please PM me. I would much rather have a new set over spray painting. I'll try different links again and hopefully they work.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...9&d=1382062625

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...0&d=1382062626
Old 10-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Davesrb
Hey, not to be an ass, but Ridgid makes tools. Rigid Industries makes LED lights. If you email Ridgid, they probably just ignore you.

Rigid LED's have a lifetime warrantee. My dualies had a few cips in the powder coat and had faded considerably. I contacted them via email, had a RA that day and within 2 weeks had a brand new set of lights and all new hardware.
I just filled out the form again on their website.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/articles.asp?ID=293

I don't have the box for these any longer and I always have to leave that part blank on the warranty form. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by EHarris; 10-17-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Incorrect copy and paste
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls
The pics aren't showing up for me but I would recommend a satin black finish. Yes to the wire wheel, use a good primer, and then some enamel paint (ideally). It's a tougher paint that 'should' last a while.

I had a light bar "bronze" on me so I sprayed it with rusto satin black and haven't had any further issues.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I will pick some up this weekend at Home Depot. Figured it would be a quick project but would rather it not turn into a yearly project because I used the wrong paint.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try contacting twa@rigidindustries.com and dhobbs@rigidindustries.com, they are who I dealt with getting mine fixed/ replaced. I did not have the box, receipt, or any thing. They still took care of me, no questions asked. They never even asked for proof of purchase, just asserted that there was a Life Time Warrantee and I was covered. I emailed them some pictures, 2 or 3 emails exchanged, lights sent off and returned. Customer service should always be this way!!

Dave
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks so much Dave. I will email them tonight. Hope they take them back. They look terrible.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

These were how mine looked.

The gave me brand new light.....

Quick Reply: Help fixing my Ridgid windshield lights (Aesthetics)