Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help with decorative headlights

Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Help with decorative headlights

From time-to-time I see the approx. 10-12 light LED surrounds (just guessing) on Wrangler headlights or bevels (like the BMW's).

I can't find any kits for this conversion. Are these cool-looking LED circles totally custom made from LED strips or is there a high-end reliable kit avaiable for an easy retro-fit? I saw a halo light kit available with a continuous circle halo effect around the headlight but, I think the individual lights in circle form look better. Also, the halo kits got some bad reviews from you Wrangler enthusiasts. Please feel free to comment.

Please help in directing me to find this circle kit or please guide me through the lighting conversion.

Thanks in advance for helping with this.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Check amazon.com for 7 inch headlights or visit oracle.com. only thing is if you buy some of these housings you have to get the H13 to H4 adapters. Happy hunting and good luck!.

Brandon.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Hears some screen shots of what amazon has
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1618413959.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	415783   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-724308212.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	415784  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bmagaha88
Hears some screen shots of what amazon has
Oracle makes the halo light.

Thanks for the suggestion but, I'm familiar with the halo light from Oracle. I'm looking for the circle of individual looking lights around the headlight.

I saw something like i'm looking for available from China import but, the $400 price tag and the mystery of the generic availability leaves me suspect.

Please give me some first-hand experience based on my search. Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Estatehomes

Thanks for the suggestion but, I'm familiar with the halo light from Oracle. I'm looking for the circle of individual looking lights around the headlight.
Ummm that sounds exactly like the halo lights. It's a circle of LEDs that go all around the headlight. Look on eBay.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Ummm that sounds exactly like the halo lights. It's a circle of LEDs that go all around the headlight. Look on eBay.
Well! I gotta give you props for your persistence -- but -- NO -- the lights I'm looking for are not halo lights.

If you want to help please re-read my initial entry. The lighted circle is comprised of individual looking lights which form the circle. The Oracle halo is a continuous looking lighted surround.

I saw quite a few JK's with the lights I want so, there has to be an experienced JK lighting person out there who knows what I'm looking for. Where are you? Please help.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default These?

Are these what you are looking for?

Welcome to SIRIUS
Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Go to HIDprojectors.com and play around with the options on the 7" light. They have lots of decorative options.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess I got confused about the design of the halos.

So you're looking for a "bead" string of individual lights that form a circle around the headlight? Never seen that before. Might look cool.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Guess I got confused about the design of the halos.

So you're looking for a "bead" string of individual lights that form a circle around the headlight? Never seen that before. Might look cool.
I guess I thought I was describing something that was easily understood. I can see I didn't make my description real clear.

Yes. What I've seen on some JK's are a circular beaded light effect which surrounds the solid color of the headlight.

After I post this comment I'm going to check out the suggestions from Cride and echoshotz.

Quick Reply: Help with decorative headlights