Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help!!! Crazy lights !!!

Old 03-15-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Crazy lights !!!

Hey guys could use some help. I have brakelights check engine and ABS lights on. Replaced all four speed sensors. Replaced abs module. Local mechanic shop is saying I need to replace complete fuse box. Dealer wants 980 for it. Anyone had this happen or could enlighten me?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My battery connections where loose and the dash would randomly light up. Tightened them up and haven't had a problem since. Hopefully is just that easy for you.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

A bad battery can also cause your dash to go all Christmas tree on you. Maybe pull it and have it checked. If it checks good, put back and see if leaving TIPM (the fuse and relay box) disconnected for a bit has fixed things.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same happened to me. The battery terminal connector was completely corroded through (due to drag from the winch and lights). I had to replace the battery terminal connectors so I bought the super heavy duty (made in the USA) connectors from Quadratec and then sprayed the connections and posts with the red anti corrosion "paint" and now voila...no more corrosion and no more crazy lights.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Crazy lights !!!