Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help!

Old 12-03-2019, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

I have got all sorts of light coming on... It all started a couple weeks about when I replaced my track bar... Put the new one one to help fix the death wobble. After that was done I noticed that my steering wheel was not aligned, It was slightly tilted passenger when traveling straight. I didn't fix this right away because I had a new tie rod and drag link in transit to my house. The next time I drove on the freeway I had my ESP/BAS and Traction control lights come on. On Thanksgiving I had 2 codes pop up with a check engine light. Codes are P0430 and P0158. I look at my O2 sensor for the P0158 code and there is a frayed wire so I think I will replace that here soon. Yesterday I put on my new tie rod and drag link and straightened the steering wheel out. Today I had the ABS light come on. Good news is I think I fixed the death wobble.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,637 Posts

I'll ask the obvious....when you installed the new TR and DL, you recentered the steering wheel correct? Looks like the traction light is unrelated to the OBDII codes which are O2/cat related. Do you have a scanner that can dig into the ABS module? Most diagnostic phone apps can get in there. When the ABS light comes on, it's storing a code down in that module, and it will give you some reference to go on from there.

Quick Reply: Help!