Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hella Supertone install WITH stock horn

Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella Supertone install WITH stock horn

Everything I find online helps me replace my stock horn with the pair of supertones, but that's not what I want to do. I want to keep the stock horn, and use a switch in the dash to toggle between the stock & supertones. I don't care if the stock horns work while the switch is on, I just don't want the supertones to fire when the switch is off. (The main point of this is I don't want to annoy my neighbors every time I lock my doors.)

This is the best schematic I've found so far that shows how to install the supertones (even though it appears to be for lights). Can anyone help me by telling me how to add the stock horn & steering wheel switch to the diagram?

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you can disable the horn beeps when locking I would look into that first and just replace the stock units with the hella
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
I think you can disable the horn beeps when locking I would look into that first and just replace the stock units with the hella
+1
When you disable the horn on lock, you'll still have the lights flash to assure you that the Jeep got locked/unlocked. Instructions for doing this can be found on this forum at:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-183455/page5/

There are tons of tips for changing codes on your Jeep on this thread. Definitely worth bookmarking it for the future.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Hella Supertone install WITH stock horn